IGNORED

Best shifter sheath for not marking boots?

Voyager

Recently required to wear tan suede boots for work and found them to be quite blackened by the shifter knob in one ride. Sooo... anyone have a nifty product or $.10 idea? I was thinking of small radiator hose, but thought it may still mark.

I used to just put a sock that I cut up around my boot. 1 sock will make 3 or 4 boot protectors. Kinda tacky, but it works. Phil

I use a 2" length of white PVC pipe. put a hex screw in the inboard end to hold it on. Or just use electrical tape for a friction fit. thumbsup.gif

For .10 cents........"wear another pair of shoes to work....change them when you get off the bike...." Whoops, that comes to .12 cents....sorry! grin.gifgrin.gif

Pat

It's called a Shifter Toe Guard and it's made of neoprene. It's got a life of about 6-9 months in daily use. Should cost about $8.95 We sell a lot of these to our LEO's. Have your local dealer order one for you.

The distributor is Parts Unlimited. The part number is T1001.

Thanks all for the great ideas. I always ask, partially in the knowledge that someone smarter than me has done this before, and partly from curiosity for what the group will suggest. I am never dissapointed.

I'm going to try the duct tape for now. If the humidity peels it, I may size some PVC for a permanent fix. Thanks again!

Sid

Archived