IGNORED

Lifting an R1110RT

Ian

(I posted earlier today with a different subject description but it has disappeared hence I start again)

I need advice on how to lift my R1100RT out of my garage. The driveway has been dug out and the 5 day time to lay a new one has been extend to 3 weeks! Could four men lift it and carry it 10 feet?

Ian

How deep is it dug out? Can't you get hold of some scaffolding planks or something and use them to get it past the building work?

Four bike thieves can do it, so why can't you and three friends. Each would be lifting about 150 pounds. remove everything detachable. I'd even take off the plastic to lessen the weight and in case you drop it. Otherwise, four guys rolling it over a plank or the excavated driveway base should work.

I guess I'm just nervous as I have never seen a bike manhandled. For a physical lift as this would be where are the best lifitng points. I assume that the handlebars a no go area?

Four thieves could do it with two six foot 2x4's. Put one through each wheel and get a guy on the end of each one and lift. On a naked cruiser this would work. Need to check the RT for pinch points but this might work. I do not speak from experience!

Don

Jerry Johnston

As Seth Miller said - all you need is a ramp at the end to get up onto the grass and momentum to get going. If your nervous get a friend to run along side the bike until you're out of the hole. One man on each side is all you need to keep the bike upright should you stop and start to fall. Should be easier than if you were in sand.

Archived