IGNORED

Radar Detector Wiring

Amac

Those of you who have mounted radar detectors on your bikes, what sort of install have you gone for? Duolock + a cigarette lighter plug for easy removals? Something more permanent with a hardwired powercord? Some combination thereof?

I don't have enough room on my K1200R to mount the cyclegadgets "box".

What detector are you using? I've got a V-1 and I've hard wired it using the Valentine supplied hard wire adaptor...it has a small unit with two RJ11 connectors (one for the main unit, one for accessories) it makes disconnecting a snap. The power unit can be duo-locked wherever its convenient.

As for the main unit..I'm using a Legal Speeding box for weather protection....it's attached to a shelf with duo-lock....it's not going anywhere! In fact, it pretty tough to get off when I want to take the V1 off of the bike.

Aluminum_Butt

I use a 2"x3" patch of velcro to hold my V1 to my Gadget Guy mount. Then a take a 1/2" x 12" velcro strap, and put it around the plate and V1. The strap is probably overkill - I think the velcro would hold just fine.

As for weather protection... I put my V1 away in the rain. Some people use shower caps or Saran Wrap elastic covers. Legal Speeding has this alternative to the radar box now, but I have not seen any reviews on how it works.

Mine is hardwired to the bike.

Please skip request..Just dawned what duolock is and I'm already using it..I thought it was some kind of mount......

Phil.......Redbrick

What detector are you using? I've got a V-1 and I've hard wired it using the Valentine supplied hard wire adaptor...it has a small unit with two RJ11 connectors (one for the main unit, one for accessories) it makes disconnecting a snap. The power unit can be duo-locked wherever its convenient.

Ditto what Denis said on hard wiring the V1. I've got a Gadget Guy mount for my XM and Roady XM, but I've got the V1 Dual Locked to the brake reservoir. It's tight as hell, and the position gives the V1 good visibility front and rear. Easy to pull of to use in the car. In fact I've got all my gear Dual Locked...

Notice I have the short (12") antenna for the XM which is Dual Locked to the top of the V1. All my stuff is hardwired on a custom-made switched harness on a relay to the brake light. Turn ignition key, all devices power up, turn key off, everything powers down..

70831606-M.jpg

Archived