IGNORED

Is there a consensus on tire best buys?

Bruce_SoCal

Conti Road Attacks are now the OE R1200RT fitting; I & others on this forum have tried them & found them to be outstanding, particularly in the wet. Very good mileage as well, which is never a bad thing.

What am I doing wrong? I just got but 7K miles on the Z6s on my R1150RT. Down to the steel in back. Pressure 38/42. 600 miles a day for 12 days. Mostly reasonable speeds. Mostly solo. 90% secondary roads. KS, OK, CO (partly) and UT were quite hot. Theories?

7k isn't bad. Mark (Vita Rara) and I got 6k with the Z6 on our R1100RT, about 2k of it w as 2-up, both highway and twisties. we rode fairly hard...in hot weather...

IMHO, you're not doing anything wrong. It's the life of the tire, depending on how you ride. I'm sure the hot weather made a difference, and you don't say what sort of secondary roads (twisties?).

The issues with the Z6 are really the fact that you have no clue about wear on the rear. We had rubber rolling off the tire, though no steel. We replaced it with Pilot Roads, and we're happy with them.

Archived