IGNORED

Gunny nominations

GelStra

Most cigaretts smoked during the Un....too close to call between.......BeniciaGT and Master Yoda

Made the most people laugh.....h A N N A b O N E...no contest

Had the most fun.....Limecreek and I would be hard to beat..

Person most missed...Mrs Whip

Whip

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dirtiest bike: Tasker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too bad you never made it over to the campground.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Argh. Hey, I just called it as I saw it. I just wanted to get the ball rollin'. Next?

Bike most deserving of new model designation r1100RT/GS: Dances with Wiener Dogs

Bike most deserving of new model designation r1100RT/GS: Dances with Wiener Dogs
grin.gif

That's the one I'm talking about! thumbsup.gif

"I'm not worthy!!" clap.gif

grin.gif

I'll second that. He had more gravel in the belly pan than any RT I've seen.

For those who camped...I'll nominate Boney as Java King. Sorry he couldn't bring his bike but he more than made up for it by bringing his Cuisinart coffee machine and kept it running all morning long. He even had my favorite creamer! thumbsup.gif

Best friends, old and new. Left to right: Tim, Doug, Mark and Wayne. I've know Wayne for years, just met Tim and Mark on this UnRide.

77912988-M.jpg

My favorite photo of a mix of the past and present in transportation:

77913020-M.jpg

Unfortunately Wayne crashed and didn't make it, but he's doing great and we'll definitely do the ride again! He's already planning the repairs to his bike! thumbsup.gif

It was great to meet so many of you.

Doug

Second the nomination of Boney as Java King, Donna gets Java Queen! thumbsup.gif

The "Oddest mode of storage that everyone makes fun of but secretly wants for themselves" goes to Jamie! smirk.gif (if you don't know what I'm talking about, scroll down in this thread.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
grin.gif

Awww, I feeeel the love here! Just to whet your appetite until I can get all of the photos sorted:

78056521-M.jpg

78056705-M.jpg

78056169-L-1.jpg

grin.gif

Awww, I feeeel the love here! Just to whet your appetite until I can get all of the photos sorted:

78056521-M.jpg

78056705-M.jpg

78056169-L-1.jpg

Steve, maybe you should just attach your tupperware with velcro, so you can strip down to the GS within in a matter of seconds wink.gif

P.S. Nice to meet you!

My nominations:

Best King Holding Court: Tom Roe spreading the love (and laughs) at the Kampground.

Nobel Prizes for hot weather (96+ from Hotckiss to Montrose on Thursday afternoon - OK, all you desert dwellers just keep quiet tongue.gif ) comfort: cooling vest + Camelbak.

Best Suggestion from a NP Ranger: Take East Portal Road down to the river in Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP.

Best Secret Shopping Experience:

SageRider and I. We rode to Redstone, passing through Crawford on the way. At the first Un I'd had a burger at Joe Cocker's Mad Dog restaurant and purchased a Mad Dog Ranch T-shirt at the gift shop. I'd heard that the restaurant closed a couple years back, but that the gift shop was open. Earlier this year we heard the gift shop had also closed, too. I put the T-shirt away. It was a keepsake now, of a place visited and lost, but not forgotten.

Passing through Crawford I looked longingly at the restaurant, empty but for the fixtures. I recalled some of Joe's music. And I smiled. The road cuts left there and I slowed even more for the gift shop around the corner where I bought that dearly overpriced $25 T-shirt. "Ahh," I thought when I bought it, "concert prices in the middle of Colorado." The gift shop had a closed sign on it.

WAIT! What's this? I swung left across the oncoming lane and into the parking spots in front of the gift shop. I ducked my head down and looked into the shop and upward. The overhead lights were on. I know Joe's rich, but surely someone must have told him by now.

We dismounted and walked up to the door. It was open. We were met by Pam, his wife. "I'm sorry, but we're closed." I quickly explained the last trip, the shirt, the memento it had become, and why I couldn't wear it any more. She explained that they were preparing for a "yard sale" (Sat, July 1) of their remaining inventory, with all the proceeds going to Cocker's Kids, their charity. "You mean I can't buy a T-shirt until then? I'll be back in California by then."

"OK, come on in." It took me five minutes to find 4 t-shirts and two ballcaps. Best of all, it was all at yard sale prices. Four bucks each for the shirts, five for the caps. $26 total, plus another $4 to ship them. REDEMPTION at last! Five years ago, that would have cost $150.

"And all this is going to the kids," I asked. "Yes," she said. "Good, put this in the kitty for them as well," and I handed her another $20.

Everything arrived yesterday. I've got T-shirts and hats now until I'm too old to remember who Joe Cocker is.

Thank you, Pam.

George Brown
Best Secret Shopping Experience:

Everything arrived yesterday. I've got T-shirts and hats now until I'm too old to remember who Joe Cocker is.

So how much are your going to mark them up??? wink.gif

AdventurePoser

It's too bad they are closed. Jennifer and I remember a long conversation with Pam over a killer vanilla milkshake one summer, not too long ago.

Steve

Archived