IGNORED

Unrally V Pics...

Mike O

All,

(Sorry about the multiple post attempts dopeslap.gif - first time using smugmug)

What a great time at Unrally this year. Thanks to Tasker, Ken H and everyone else for unorganizing this event!

Here is our Leader (and Jamie) off for a ride (finally!)

77214249-M.jpg

The KOA was a wonderful spot and provided plenty of space for tents and most importantly, a gather spot to meet new folks and shake hands with friends we'd met before.

77213910-M.jpg

77213939-M.jpg

77214008-M.jpg

77214040-M.jpg

77214280-M.jpg

Here's a shot near the top of CO92. Spent most of the day chasing Richard and Whip on their new bikes (and Philly's RT as well). What a blast.

77214061-M.jpg

77214104-M.jpg

77214186-M.jpg

Dick's group was chasing us as well. Showed up just a bit after we did in several places. Here's a group shot to give you an idea about how many of us BMW's were occupying the mountain passes.

77214199-M.jpg

And another shot of the landscape...Miss it already.

77214161-M.jpg

Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to seeing several of you at Paonia.

Mike O

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Thanks, Mike - JUST what the doctor ordered. Man, I am bummed I missed this UN... looks like everything was perfect! dopeslap.gif

nice... i'm checking out my pics in a motel in torrey after taking the long long way here and I've got some great ones to post when I get back... well a week or two after I get back anyways... blush.gif

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Thanks, Mike - JUST what the doctor ordered. Man, I am bummed I missed this UN... looks like everything was perfect! dopeslap.gif

I second that - glad everyone had a great time!

Yeeha! Stephen

A-hemmmmm...

For those of you that made fun of me for recommending the "Outer Cirle", I see these Fine folks took it to heart. grin.gif

77213910-M.jpg

skinny_tom (aka boney)

To make a long story short, we didn't want to see the trailer with a bike on it loose on the highway, so we left them behind. The following were taken when we decided to use the 4 Wheel Drive.

aspen_small.jpg

bighorn_small.jpg

valley_small.jpg

dam_small.jpg

Draftermike

This, to me says a lot.

These bikes were parked in front of Ke3ok's daily source of pancakes, the "W", and no two are from the same state.

TX

CO

NE

ME

MO

CA

AZ

77592717-L.jpg

Joe Frickin' Friday

We weren't there long, so I've got just a few pics to share here.

On the way from Denver to Gunny, we stopped for lunch and coffee in Fairplay:

703868-beary.jpg

After arriving and freshening up at the Holiday Inn, we rode the 3/4 mile to dinner, attired in the style so commonly associated with Goldwing riders:

703871-stylin.jpg

Dinner was excellent, followed by cake that was equally delicious. I had trouble reining myself in:

703870-LTEC.jpg

After dinner, there was much rejoicing in the parking lot. Considering that this was a SPORT-touring gathering, there seemed to be an inordinate amount of attention focused on the Goldwing:

703869-limebike.jpg

Greg wasn't the only one who jumped aboard for a test fit; many folks were curious about whether it was as comfortable as it was rumored to be. It was. smirk.gif

there seemed to be an inordinate amount of attention focused on the Goldwing:

Of course. They were trying to figure out how to work the espresso maker!

Dennis Andress

Apparently Amboy is still on at least one map. Somebody bought the town last year. He thinks he’ll be open for business sometime next year. He didn’t sound crazy or anything but perhaps he’s been out in the sun too long.

78137113-L.jpg

78137137-L.jpg

I-40 was closed briefly in Arizona. The people in the cages were pretty uncomfortable being stuck in the middle of nowhere.

78140280-L.jpg

I took the long way to Gunnison by visiting a friend in Wichita Falls, Texas who recently retired after serving 28 years in the Air Force. We rode together in Germany and took a long trip along the East coast when I left the Air Force in 1986. I found this ’94 R100 GS next to his workshop. He bought it in Alaska and picked it up while stationed in Japan!

78139154-L.jpg

I hooked up with Greg (limecreek) and Whip after leaving Wichita Falls. Greg had left Austin at 3:30 in heavy rain and came within 50 miles of doing a SS 1000. Here they are near the end of the day.

78137268-L.jpg

There are a lot of awesome views around Gunnison. As we got off our bikes during one ride Carl Williams commented that it was worth the price of admission.

78136516-L.jpg

78136410-L.jpg

78136558-L.jpg

78137396-L.jpg

78137226-L.jpg

78136584-L.jpg

78136638-L.jpg

Should I ever return to Gunnison I think I’ll take the boat tour of the Black Canyon.

78136449-L.jpg

Boney and I took the long way to Torrey with Tom riding Laney’s bike. It was one of those trips where the excitement was so great we never stopped long enough to take our jackets off. This is the Hite Marina on Lake Powell.

78137356-L.jpg

Gunnison was really about people. I want to thank everyone who attended for an incredible time and never ending memories.

78137186-L.jpg

78136860-L.jpg

78137036-L.jpg

78136989-L.jpg

78137090-L.jpg

I guess the Russell and Lisa show is in intermission...

78136969-L.jpg

Who sells that neon yellow jacket? I love it! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thx for any info. you can send my way. Brian

AdventurePoser

Thanks for posting Mike! I've always loved the roads in SW CO, and your pix brought back some memories!

I wish I could have been there!

Steve in So Cal

Joe Frickin' Friday
Who sells that neon yellow jacket? I love it! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thx for any info. you can send my way. Brian

I'm interested in learning more, too; could you post here instead of PM?

I'm interested in learning more, too; could you post here instead of PM?

I love Google.... Here's who what I found out...

It's made by:

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/contact.htm

Here's price info. and a write up...

http://motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/122_0605_20_best_motorcycle_accessories/

-----------------

BODE COULD HAVE USED THIS AT TURN

Olympia Ast Jacket

Bode Miller didn’t exactly live up to the hype at the Olympics, especially when he smacked a gate with his face in the men’s super-G. Maybe if he’d been wearing Olympia’s AST (All Season Touring) it would have been a different story. The AST, Olympia says, features a coated 500- and 1500-denier Cordura shell with a waterproof and breathable membrane, plus a removable Thermolite-insulated liner (which can be worn separately) for particularly cold, wet, nasty weather. For warmer weather (or when Miller’s overheated from trying to stay upright on one ski) the AST offers shoulder-to-forearm and torso vent systems, and a mesh lining. If none of that helped, he’d at least appreciate the CE-spec Motion Flex armor and back protector. Available in men’s sizes S–4XL and women’s sizes XS–3XL in pewter or neon yellow for a paltry $289.99. Boehm says he’s gonna test one soon.

www.olympiamoto sports.com, (866) 473-4327

-----------------

I'll be going to my local retailer to check this one out.

-----------------

705804-neonyellowjacket2kevin-karilea2006.jpg.1aa9afdbf7325a9ce466a89cb7861305.jpg

..... cept that last one

Eric,

The Tuono and Russell will live to ride another day!

I'll let him post about the 'mishap' in a ride tale.

We're fine though! thumbsup.gif

Dennis Andress

Just a few more....

Diner Wednesday night.

78900383-L.jpg

The KOA just before sunrise

78900510-L.jpg

A big mountain - I forget where

78900391-L.jpg

78900402-L.jpg

Crested Butte.

78900606-L.jpg

Below Independence Pass.

78900643-L.jpg

Whip's FJR is in a lot of pictures.

78900565-L.jpg

Lake Powell (what there is of it) along Utah 95 on the way to Torrey.

78900530-L.jpg

Archived