IGNORED

Home from the Un Check-In Thread

DavidEBSmith

Paul Mihalka
Torrey in sept?
I'd love to, but, sorry, no. I'm not quite as retired as you are, and I have a wife who wants to see me once in a while smile.gif I hope it is not only to take care of the honeydo-s. wink.gif
Monday 3pm: Just got home! Friday nice visit at Betty's Bikes and Buns (who is Betty???) with Tom Roe and a great stay with Barbara and Jeff Reiswig (bmwscoot). Super ride, no problems, no conversations with the Law, one hour rain this morning, the rest dry. About 8K miles total. Ride tale and some pictures in a few days - Now to ride my Kawasaki (the lawn machine). Three weeks of grass and weeds....
Wow!! smile.gif

Where did I put that kow tow'ing "we're not worthy" icon? I could use a few of them right now! grin.gif

Welcome home, Paul!! wave.gif

Paul

Sounds like a great trip...It was a pleasure meetin ya...I hope we can do it again soon....Louise and I will be in your area in August...we may look ya up...

Whip

Paul,it was my pleasure to visit with you at the UN.

I only hope I am able to make rides like that when I grow up. grin.gifgrin.gif

I really enjoyed seeing your RT Lite as well as hearing your advice regarding my front forks.

I made it. I was planning to stop at a hotel half way home but couldn't find an available room so I had to ride straight through to home.

I left Gunnison at about 11:30 Friday and pulled into my garage (in Plymouth MN, 1200 miles or so away from Gunnison) at 10:30 Saturday. Then I layed down for a 4 hour nap. Woke up 7 hours later and ordered a pizza (didn't have the energy to heat a bowl of soup), then fell asleep eating the pizza and slept untill the next morning.

Thanks for the memories folks and thanks again to those of you who helped me get the bike going so I could attend!

Don Kramber

Hmmm, I guess I'm the last one to get home safe and sound. 35 days on the road (I'm tired of hotels and eating out). 24,000 km. Other then the water in the gas tank just the usual wear and tear stuff. It will take me 2 days just to do laundry and got through the mail, but I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Mike Cassidy

Thanks again to everyone doing the organizing

PhillyFlash

Home, finally. Saturday July 15, 2006. 9:30 pm MST.

28 days

8,389 miles

2 countries

21 states

1 province

3 shocks

2 tires

If I didn't need 2 new tires and have to go back to work on Monday, I'd still be on the road. It was a great 4 weeks, starting and ending with good friends in Colorado. More later. Too hot and tired (came home to a 100 degree house; air conditioner is dead; off to another motel).

PhillyFlash
I can't wait to read your ride tale. Welcome home!

Ride Tale: Short Version

It was hot. And it rained. And it was hot again. Then I got home, and it was really hot! The end.

More to follow.

It's about time thumbsup.gif Did you unload that 'shock' on anyone?

(Hope you got your 'I survived Jack's Playground' sticker)

Regards,

Mike O

Ride Tale: Short Version

It was hot. And it rained. And it was hot again. Then I got home, and it was really hot! The end.

...and you had the time of your life anyway! grin.gif

Sorry your A/C conked out on you. What time for it to go! crazy.gif

Our upstairs A/C doesn't work, so we've been pretty miserable too. While our 105+° heat doesn't really compare with your 115+, it's still pretty friggin' hot.

At least the downstairs A/C still works (I shouldn't have said that...now it's gonna go!) smirk.gif

When you get a chance, we're all anxious to hear your ride tale! smile.gif

Archived