IGNORED

2006 R1200RT "Set" indicator light in Speedo gauge????

CTRBLNCD1

Noticed this the other day on my 06 RT. It's a SET Indicator light, much like the light for the CC, and it's located about 7 o'clock in the speedo gauge. I've never seen it illuminated, and the familiar SET light for CC still lights up in the center top indicator light section. It's got me puzzled. I have not seen any 05 RT's with it, nor on the K1200GT ( share the same instrument cluster ). Could this be a future placement for an upcoming Tire Pressure Monitoring system that the GT will get in 07? Maybe a zero or "tare" light to reset the pressure sensors in the tires when changing a tire?? Who knows? THings that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm eek.gif

Picture002.jpg

The set light is to indicate that your cruise control is activated (on). It lights up yellow when I'm cruising at about 125Km/H and green at any speed over 150Km/h

Just kidding wink.gif

I believe this is the sensor for the auto-dim of the instrument cluster lights. Not sure what the word SET is all about though.

Yea, the little "white" dot is the light sensor for the backlighting of the I.Cluster, but this SET has got me and a few other people puzzled.

Here's the familiar CC "Set" light that works normally"

Picture.jpg

Yea I've seen that on mine too and have no idea what it's for. My Road King had something similar only it said "Pursuit" (RK's are used regularly for police work). I always wanted to hook that up just for fun.

Hmmmm, that jogged my memory a little bit. The R1200RTP's coming out shortly have the availablity for the officer to "lock" in his speed, so if he was pacing somebody, he'd be able to have it recorded. Maybe the speedo can be "set" on the Police RT. This locked in speed shows up in the flat panel display I believe, but maybe this will illuminate when that's happened.

I dunno, still doesn't seem like they'd ( BMW ) would incorporate this in consumer bikes.

Anyone else????

Could it be for a bike-specific alarm system? My Triumph Trophy had the alarm LED in the instrument face.

Andy

I think it's a drag racing sensor. When you line up to spank a harley, listen for the word "Ready" then your set light fires up and you'll know it's GO time grin.gif

James Clark
Yea I've seen that on mine too and have no idea what it's for. My Road King had something similar only it said "Pursuit" (RK's are used regularly for police work). I always wanted to hook that up just for fun.

Hook it up to your radar detector so you know when you're being "persued".

Archived