IGNORED

EMP Bracket Question

rocks

Alright I have finally decided... I think eek.gif to go with Hella ff50's mounted on EMP brackets. However the one thing that still may sway me is I'm not sure how those of you who have mounted lights like this have routed the lamp's power cords. Can some one or multiple someones send me pics of how the wires look. Obviously like most here I want a clean install and as of right now I can't picture the wires. I thought of waiting until Vermont for surely I'd be able to see some bikes with this set up live and in person...

Thanks in advance

I don't have any pictures, but you simply route the wires under the brackets and into the gap between the mirror housing and the fairing. This is almost invisible unless you really get up close and examine it.

John Ranalletta

Seth has it. Mounting the bracket between the fairing and the mirror pod enlarges the gap between the two enough to snake the wires through. Works like a charm.

Great... thanks both of you. I was pretty sure that is how it would go but in one of the pictures i was looking at(head on) it looked like the person had run the wires around the fairing and ito the dash... needless to say that bothered me.

Thanks again

2000 9.5 Sedan... wife's motorcycle! grin.gif Can't believe its almost 6 yrs old already... still looks and drives like its brand new thumbsup.gif

It's our second one we had a 900 back before we had our forth child... switched to Suburbans until my oldest went off to college... unfortunately when we are all home now its two cars to go anywhere together eek.gif

Alright I have finally decided... I think eek.gif to go with Hella ff50's mounted on EMP brackets. However the one thing that still may sway me is I'm not sure how those of you who have mounted lights like this have routed the lamp's power cords. Can some one or multiple someones send me pics of how the wires look. Obviously like most here I want a clean install and as of right now I can't picture the wires. I thought of waiting until Vermont for surely I'd be able to see some bikes with this set up live and in person...

Thanks in advance

Rocks,

Here is how I ran my wires with the EMP mounts.......

703182-KC_Wiring_sm.jpg

703182-KC_Wiring_sm2.jpg

Mick

703182-KC_Wiring_sm2.jpg.74ec13e5b96f41c197d9d9ae0a4a7a01.jpg

I'm just wondering why you'd be carrying around an EMP? confused.gif

An ElectroMagnetic Pulse, that is... dopeslap.gif

Actually......those two black thinks on the mounts are EMPSS

(Electromagnetic Pulse Sensor Subsystems). Air Force surplus from 1972. smile.gif

Mick

And did you get those from DM surplus?

Nah,

I brought them with me from Vandenberg, AFB : )) Thought about selling them to the surplus folks down on Kolb but they only wanted to give me $25 each. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Mick

Archived