IGNORED

Bosch Potentiometer

davescycle

It's been quite awhile since I visited this forum so this is probably an old hat question , but where can I purchase the Bosch potentiomter # 0 280 101 008 to adjust fuel mixture curve? I just purchased a Remus Exhaust this weekend and the bike runs pretty lean.

Dave P.

Willy Nilly

I ordered mine from BMW Atlanta @ Marrietta, Ga. & they shipped it to me........the only problem I`ve had is I do`nt have a sniffer to get a correct adjustment.

John Dickens
I ordered mine from BMW Atlanta @ Marrietta, Ga. & they shipped it to me........the only problem I`ve had is I do`nt have a sniffer to get a correct adjustment.

I do have a sniffer and I've used it a few times but you get to know the bike and it's quicker to work by ear just like it used to be with carbs.

When the bike is warmed up turn the pot adjusting screw anti-clockwise (richer) till the idle starts to slow or falter. Turn it clockwise (weaker), counting the turns, till it starts to falter again. Set the adjuster half way betwen the 2 extremes and you're there.

The adjuster is not especially sensitive. Whole turns are needed to make a difference.

I do have a sniffer and I've used it a few times but you get to know the bike and it's quicker to work by ear just like it used to be with carbs.

When the bike is warmed up turn the pot adjusting screw anti-clockwise (richer) till the idle starts to slow or falter. Turn it clockwise (weaker), counting the turns, till it starts to falter again. Set the adjuster half way betwen the 2 extremes and you're there.

The adjuster is not especially sensitive. Whole turns are needed to make a difference.

Is this something we should all ideally have in our garage?

Archived