IGNORED

I miss you people....

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

I was blabbering on my yahoo blog today...here is what I posted. Sometimes I hate being so damned emoitional....LOL.

"Most of my friends know that I am an avid motorcyclist. What you may or may not know is my home away from home on the net is a BMW motorcycle message board for sport touring. I have quite literally traveled across the country to ride and meet people from this board. Their mantra is "An on-line, on-road motorcycling community". They use the word community, but it's more of a family to me. I have made some incredibly close friends through this board. One of which I really consider to be more of a brother figure than my own brother. Well, every year they have a rally of sorts. Due to the intentional lack of organization they don't call it a rally though, they call it an un-rally. These people get together and for 3-4 days they do nothing but ride all day and tell stories all night. There is a bit of adult beverage consumption involved, but that happens only after the riding for the day is done. These events have come to be like a family reunion to me. This year because of a new job and a lack of vacation time I had to miss this one. It's in a very special place this year. Gunnison, CO is where the first un-rally was held and it was the only un-rally that I had ever missed ....until now. I guess I will never get to experience that magic that I have heard so much about. I hope me motorcycle family enjoys Gunny.....I miss them very much. "

Everyone have a great time! I miss you all...

Shawn

AdventurePoser

I feel your pain. I'll never get to do this rally as long as it is held in June... dopeslap.gif

But, there is always hope for next year!

Steve in So Cal

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Shawn, I'm right there with you. I quitely held out hope to the bitter end before cancelling my reservations.

Everyone out there in Gunny have an awesome time!

Mark

Shaun, I feel exactly as you do. El Paseo was my first BMWST.com event and I had an absolute blast. I can't wait until I can make it to the next gathering. I haven't been to an Un yet, and this time I just didn't have enough vacation days left (my new "year" starts July 1 at work). I look forward to El Paseo in October this fall. If you can make it, I have a frothy adult beverage made of barley and hops with your name on it. Perhaps we can even we spin a couple of tall tales or a yarn or two. cool.gif

JerryMather

Torrey in Sept. aren't too far off. I just wish the UN wasn't always so close to the Spring Torrey. It would make it easier for me to do both if it was later on in the summer.

Lone_RT_rider

You can bet that I will be at Torrey in the Spring, but fall Torrey has the same problem that the Unralley does with the lack of vacation time. My Vacation time cycles around my start date of April 13th. This will be perfect for rally season once I get back to that point next year. For this year, it's local things only. frown.gif

As for El Paeso, you know I will be there! That's close enough that I can do that with little or no vacation time. Thanks for the offer on the beer!

Shawn

marty mayer

Hi Shawn, I know exactly how you feel. This is the first UN that I couldn't attend. I sure am missing it. Have been doing nothing but talking about it all week. Wish we were there.

Marty

Hey, were kinda of having our Un-online. Yeah that was a stretch, but when you want to be in Gunny and you ain't the imagination takes a flip. I've never been to an El Paseo or Torrey, I've always tried, with uneven success I might add, to make the Un. So when is Torrey and when and where is El Paseo? Maybe I can make those. thumbsup.gif

JerryMather

The Spring Torrey gathering is always on the weekend prior to the Memorial Day weekend in May and the Fall one is on the last full weekend in Sept. wink.gif

Lone_RT_rider
The Spring Torrey gathering is always on the weekend prior to the Memorial Day weekend in May and the Fall one is on the last full weekend in Sept. wink.gif

Information about the fall El Paeso is here!

Shawn

Lone_RT_rider
So when is Torrey and when and where is El Paseo? Maybe I can make those. thumbsup.gif

According to MS streets and trips 739 miles from Bentonville to Athens, TN the site of the next El Paeso. Sounds like a nice afternoon ride to me!

Shawn

Ya know..,with 100 computer geeks at the unrally,you would think one of them could shoot us at least one measley picture to hold us over until the ride tales come in. tongue.gifgrin.gif

Lone_RT_rider

Ya know..,with 100 computer geeks at the unrally,you would think one of them could shoot us at least one measley picture to hold us over until the ride tales come in. tongue.gifgrin.gif

Todd, that has to be the quote of the day! LOL. Thanks man, I needed that. Here is a pic of our trip to Torrey in 2004 to hold you over until they get back. Anyone care to guess which pass this is in CO?

18286192-M.jpg

Shawn

Lone_RT_rider

Ok....you have suffered long enough. It's Loveland pass at a wonderful (almost) 12,000 feet. smile.gif

18288124-L.jpg

*grin*...that was fun!

Shawn

Torrey in Sept. aren't too far off. I just wish the UN wasn't always so close to the Spring Torrey. It would make it easier for me to do both if it was later on in the summer.
The Un Rally in Eureka Springs was in October...
JerryMather

True enough. Maybe the future ones will be in October too. thumbsup.gif

True enough. Maybe the future ones will be in October too. thumbsup.gif

Nahhh . . . too close to Fall Torrey! grin.gif

Hey Shawn,

Just wanted you to know many folks asked about you and you were seriously missed. bncry.gif But the good thing is the UN is here to stay and so is Gunnison, CO. I may not make it to Torry so lift a glass for me. I promise I lifted one for your in Gunny... or was that two or three grin.gif

See you around the bend,

Kirsten

Archived