IGNORED

Continental Road-Attack tires...Experiences?

CTRBLNCD1

Morning everyone,

Currently have Z6's on my R12RT that I've been very happy with. But I have recently noticed some RT's are coming from the factory with Continentals. I rode a bike with these and was quite impressed with the handling. But, I didn't get to ride in the rain or see how well they hold up after alot of miles. I'll be riding to Sturgis this year ( 5k+ round trip ) and was thinking about fitting these when I get back. Any insight??

Thanks!

I have them on my R1150RT, & I am very impressed. Very comfortable, & reassuring in the wet & the dry, & so far wearing well. I got 8,400 miles out of a rear Avon Azaro - which I thought was brilliant - & I would hope to get at least 6-7,000 out of these Conti's.

Morning everyone,

Currently have Z6's on my R12RT that I've been very happy with. But I have recently noticed some RT's are coming from the factory with Continentals. I rode a bike with these and was quite impressed with the handling. But, I didn't get to ride in the rain or see how well they hold up after alot of miles. I'll be riding to Sturgis this year ( 5k+ round trip ) and was thinking about fitting these when I get back. Any insight??

Thanks!

Like Martyn I have Conti Road attacks on my 1150. IMHO these are the best tyres I have ever fitted to my bike. Grip and feel are excellent both wet and dry - I have touched down the pegs in the wet. Now with 6,000 miles on them they are about ready to be changed but are better behaved than most tyres I have had when worn.

Andy

Those are some pretty favorable reviews! Here in South Florida, our roads are pretty flat ( ok, very flat and straight ), so our tires flat spot in the middle. I may get a bit less mileage out of the tires than what you both are experiencing, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Put a pair on my 12RT at 6k and could not have been happier.

I am know awaiting a pair of Woody's wheels for my GS when a pair of Conti's, now in my garage, will be fitted. Can't wait.

I am very pleased with the Road Attacks on my R12RT. Stable, good grip, and good wear so far (5,000 mi.). I will be using them from now on.

Paul in CA

'05 R1200RT

'98 XR400R

Other vintage

Superb tyre. 3k miles so far and wear OK but too early to tell how long they will last. Very confidence inspiring; as a natural born coward, I was rather surprised to see I didn't have any chicken strips for the first time ever!

Reasonably priced as well (in the UK anyway).

Archived