IGNORED

Northern VA to Eureka Springs

johnlt

I have a tentative plan to ride non-stop from Northern VA to Erueka Springs on Monday the 6th leaving at

O-dark-30 in the morning and arriving before sundown. I'd like to have some company if anyone is interested.

My man Mr. Scott is suggesting that you could use the opportunity to do a Saddle Sore 1000, an Iron Butt Association qualifying ride, if that's your thing. A bunch of us did that heading to last year's UnRally in Colorado, and it was rather rewarding. It made the distance travel go quickly, and we all had a common goal to watch out for each other, while having fun. Depending on the route, a (small) group SS has it's advantages.

If I ever get off my butt, we'll put together a little section for this year's UnRally where riders from different regions can post their routes, and meet on the way in. Or, they could do what you just did! wink.gif

See you there!

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmmm... according to MapPoint, it is 1155.8 miles from Chesterfield, VA to Eureka Springs, AR (95% Interstate). I would expect that it's a mile or two further from NoVAville (only Virginian's know what/where NoVAville is). You could certainly use either side of your trip (to OR from) to achieve a SS1K. Given your post, you might want to do a little research and incorporate such into your plans.

www.ironbutt.com

Thanks Sam. My Street Pilot S/W has it as 1128 miles and I may do just what you mentioned and go ahead and document it. Care to go along?

johnlt

• 5 weeks later...

I'm still planning on leaving earrrrrrly Monday AM for a straight shot to the Rally. Anyone interested in riding along, please give me a shout.

john

Archived