IGNORED

We're here....

steveknapp

Just arrived at the HIE in Gunnison, CO. Uneventful drive out, some rain, big temp swings (90 all the way to 40). We had to turn the AC on/off a couple times, and stop 3 times for Diesel. It was harsh. grin.gif

Wonderful facility here, can't wait to see everyone.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I'm glad you got out okay. Ummm, diesel? A/C? I guess I missed something somewhere...

I woke up this morning to a perfect blue sky and a view of the big "W" on the hill. Yee gads, this is going to be a great day.

Steve, maybe this will help...

700821-Truck.jpg

700821-Truck.jpg.990739e6a39d89e144881eae19484ebd.jpg

DavidEBSmith

That photo is from Steve's breakfast at the Machine Shed on the way out. As if we needed a photo to know that he would be stopping at the Machine Shed. Every trip Steve makes that crosses Iowa, he works out the start time so that he'll be at the Machine Shed at breakfast.

Mmmm, a Pork Producers' Breakfast does sound kinda good. Maybe the Davenport location on the way tomorrow. . .

We're here.....sorta. Arrived in Denver Saturday. Looking forward to heading to Durango Wednesday and "coincidentally" ending up in Gunny for dinner Thursday. Can't wait to meet y'all! wave.gif

We're in Moab, headed to Durango via Mesa Verde tomorrow EARLY so as to beat the heat. tongue.gif Really hot today, hotter tomorrow, but Durango is only 165 miles plus whatever we ride in Mesa Verde.

See ya soon!

Doug, Wayne, Tim and Mark

All checked into the HI Express. Susan and I are going to get riding in the morning (Monday). We had to do the diesel thing too.

Thinking of heading North and West Monday.

And I'm here! (Chi-Town)

Standing in the Apple store on Mich Ave (nice machine) - heading to din with Paperbutt in a few. Gotta call 'Ren and tell her my trip got cut short!

Hope y'ins are having a great time. Shred a curve for Jakey...

Well, after riding roughly the last 100 miles in Nebraska and the first 100 miles in Colorado in an insane amount of wind - to the point where I got tired trying to hold my helmeted head up - I made it to Denver last night. I'm thinking that roughly 3:30pm-7:30pm is a good time to be off the roads around here if it does this on a daily basis.

I made it to the west side of Denver last night, so no dealing with rush hour this morning. I'll have a large amount of coffee and drop by Freedom HD for an oil change this morning and then continue on to Gunnison. I hope to be there by about 3pm.

Anyone know if there are any rooms available? A hot shower and a soft bed are starting to sound better by the minute after yesterday's ride (and tonight's short night). If not, I have KOA reservations.

You can almost see the big !#**-eating grins on everyone's faces. I'm soooooooo jealous. Hope everyone has a blast and can't wait to read about all the fun.

Joel is due to join us tomorrow p.m.

[bLUE STREAK OF EXPLETIVES DELETED]

The replacement starter didn't arrive at the dealer this a.m., and nobody else in the vicinity has one in stock. frown.gif

The existing part can be made to work again, but could also fail again. So, my choices are: roll the dice and hope that it doesn't crap out again on this trip, or wait another 24 hours and miss still more of the Un and my vacation. crazy.gif As much as it hacks me off, I'm inclined toward the latter. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

AdventurePoser
Got in last night! It's a beautiful day and we're gonna go tear up some gorgeous mountain passes! clap.gif

Sure, rub it in....as I sit here at my desk scheduling about 400 incoming 8th graders...

I vote for the next unrally to be in July... thumbsup.gif

Steve in So Cal

Lone_RT_rider
And I'm here! (Chi-Town)

Standing in the Apple store on Mich Ave (nice machine) - heading to din with Paperbutt in a few. Gotta call 'Ren and tell her my trip got cut short!

Hope y'ins are having a great time. Shred a curve for Jakey...

And for Shawn..... crazy.gif

Joel,

I'm sorry that stuff is happening so you can't make it at the last minute. Man, that just stinks. I had six months to deal with the fact I wasn't going to make it and I'm still hacked about that. I hope what's left will be worth the aggravation. frown.gif

Archived