IGNORED

Is it legal for a grown man to be giddy?...

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Okay, so it's midnight and I leave in 8 hours for my 1750 mile, 3 day ride to Denver.

Rough route is Seattle - Enterprise, OR - Lewiston, ID - Lolo Hot Springs, MT. (Sat night)

Lolo - down 93 and end up at the Flaming Gorge Res in the UT/WY/CO corner. (Sun night)

Then out some unnamed dirt road for 30 miles to CO-318 - Maybell, CO. Then another as-yet unnamed road to Meeker, CO, doen 13 to 70 and stop at a friend's place in Glenwood Springs...or maybe not! However it works out I'll be in Denver by Monday night.

Stay with family for a week then out to the UN on the 19th!

Giddy...that's me! grin.gifclap.gifgrin.gifclap.gifgrin.gif

I feel no shame, self-consciousness or remorse for my giddiness. I've spent the last 30+ years working, going to school, and whatever else it took to support my family. The last 24 years have also been spent raising two fine kids, they're both out of the house at school now (one is ALMOST done!$!$!$!), so IT'S MY TURN TO PLAY! I've told my kids not to expect an inheritance (but I won't leave them any unfunded debts) and they're going to have to come find me for my funeral. They're fine with that, and in fact they play with me when they're free!

So go forth in your giddiness and enjoy every second of it, you've earned it!

Doug

He's not responding because HE'S OUT RIDING and we're sitting in front of a computer! What's wrong with this picture??

thumbsup.gifgrin.gif

But I did get the GS completely finished up with new tires and total service this AM, so went on a GORGEOUS dualsport ride (on my DR650) up in the Wind River Mountains today, so I feel alright grin.gif.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
He's not responding because HE'S OUT RIDING ...

You are sooo right Douglas! I'll post pics soon about the ride out to Denver. The two best purchases I made for the trip were a used Corbin saddle and an evaporative cooling vest! thumbsup.gif

Archived