IGNORED

Charlbury to Chipping Norton

Steve1962

Last night , I ventured out on the bike once more , to check out a road I haven't ridden for a couple of years .............. it winds it's way from Charlbury to Chipping Norton , a trip of only seven or eight miles , but nice all the same ..........

Here's the Panzer , soaking up the sun in a field close to home .............

wheels001custom0ta.jpg

wheels003custom6qp.jpg

wheels005custom9lg.jpg

wheels007custom9ut.jpg

wheels008custom4lr.jpg

wheels009custom4ny.jpg

wheels010custom8la.jpg

This is Spelsbury , a typical village in the area , with the winding road going through it ..........

wheels011custom3nv.jpg

wheels012custom1fh.jpg

wheels013custom9zt.jpg

Overhead ....sun in one direction .............and this in the other ..........

wheels014custom2vd.jpg

My summer gloves .............I find them comfortable .............

wheels015custom8oi.jpg

Back on the road .it has some lovely corners , and rises /falls through the rolling landscape ........

wheels017custom0se.jpg

wheels019custom8vj.jpg

wheels020custom7rq.jpg

wheels021custom7xf.jpg

Sweeping round these bends on a balmy evening in June ....what could be better ..............

wheels022custom4in.jpg

wheels023custom3as.jpg

All too soon the trip is almost over , as I make my way back via small lanes once more ...........

wheels024custom4pg.jpg

wheels025custom5tp.jpg

I'm gonna revisit this route , with the bullet camera attached ........should be fun !!

Steve

Francois_Dumas

Wonderful shots as always !

Summer gloves eh? Hmmm.... I only HAVE summer gloves.... and winter ATGATT.... must get me some 'new stuff' now that 30C is forecasted for next week blush.gifblush.gif (Not that Nina wil let me spend any more money though..... so that measn jeans and an old leather jacket then.... crazy.gif ).

After having ridden in Normandy for a week it strikes me how much the countrysides are 'look-alikes' really ! smile.gif

Francois

Francois ,

Me and Andy rode up to Yorkshire in early December , and I would have frostbite if I'd worn these gloves ...........it never got above freezing all day .

Steve

bart_vanreeth

Steve,

Beautiful pics ! I can almost smell the herbs and hear the birds... and you know what : thanks to your pictures of the 1200RT I start liking the forms of it. You should ask a contribution to BMW-motorrad wink.gif Thanks for posting

Bart,

Don't like the 1200RT too much .............. YOU WILL WANT ONE !!

I've always liked it's form ...and it is a great bike .

Steve

Marty,

Little and often ............... I clean the bugs off after every ride if I can ........... but really I hate spending time cleaning .......if the weather is good enough to be cleaning the bike ............. I'D RATHER BE RIDING !!

Steve

Beautiful photos Steve. thumbsup.gif

I lived in Suffolk County (Woodbridge) for 3 1/2 years in the late 70's early 80's and absolutely fell in love with the English Countryside.

It is my plan to make a trip back over there with my RT and tour those very places that you are riding.

Thanks so much for the views.

Cheers,

Michael

Archived