IGNORED

Tupperware Removal Question

RT5HTP

A while back, I broke a tab (behind rear brake fluid reservoir cover ("W") putting this cover back on my RT. Given that I'm selling the bike, I wanted to do things right and replace the  side panel ("X"). I bought/received the panel and removed everything necessary, but when it came to removing tupperware piece ("Y"), I removed the visible screw (upper left corner), but could not find another mounting screw. Does the upper right fairing("Z") have to be removed?  Any help is appreciated! 7D4A8583-87D5-4D3A-8148-E8646150CDF7_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.235f7c3293ae47e468fd24f531d490ba.jpeg

Removing and replacing Tupperware is my least favorite part of BMW maintenance:88:

Knowing which panels have to be removed to get to part Q, seems to be hidden knowledge. Is there somewhere one can go that indicates which panels and what order they have to be removed to do certain jobs? Or Panel hacks?

I was trying earlier this week to remove the wind deflectors under the windshield. After about an hour I just gave up, realizing how much time I was going to have to invest getting them off ; knowing that I was going to have to put them back on this Fall.:87:

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Randyjaco said:

Removing and replacing Tupperware is my least favorite part of BMW maintenance:88:

Knowing which panels have to be removed to get to part Q, seems to be hidden knowledge. Is there somewhere one can go that indicates which panels and what order they have to be removed to do certain jobs? Or Panel hacks?

I was trying earlier this week to remove the wind deflectors under the windshield. After about an hour I just gave up, realizing how much time I was going to have to invest getting them off ; knowing that I was going to have to put them back on this Fall.:87:

A factory service manual sure would be handy...

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2
Geekmaster

Take a look at the BoxFlyer 12k videos, specifically Part 1 of 6 at about 9:40, where he removes all the body panels for the air filter service (yes, you need to remove the vast majority of them).  After a few times, it nearly becomes muscle memory, but if you take the time to make the BoxFlyer boards, you can also note the order on there if you wish.

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
20 hours ago, Geekmaster said:

Take a look at the BoxFlyer 12k videos, specifically Part 1 of 6 at about 9:40, where he removes all the body panels for the air filter service (yes, you need to remove the vast majority of them).  After a few times, it nearly becomes muscle memory, but if you take the time to make the BoxFlyer boards, you can also note the order on there if you wish.

Perfect! Right about 9 min 40 secs. Appreciate the lead. Thanks!

There is a reason to love the standard model...until you start eating June Bugs at 65 MPH, then the fuss with Tupperware doesn't seem to be a big imposition.

Our Best June Bug Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock |  Junebug, Dragonfly, Beetle

• Like 1
  • Smile 1