IGNORED

50th MOA at Richmond VA

Anyone planning on attending?  Susan and I will be there Wednesday night to Sunday.  We will be in the RV area so stop by.  Also planning to ride to Williamsburg on Friday if anyone want to join us.

• Like 1
SEMPERFIURAL

My wife (Tami) and I will be there Wednesday through Sunday.   Hoteling Wednesday and Thursday nites, camping Friday and Saturday.   1st time attendees - looking forward to it! 

• Like 1

Susan and I will be there on Wednesday.  Volunteering at the rally at the Pin and Patch booth Wednesday afternoon.  See you there.

9 hours ago, SEMPERFIURAL said:

My wife (Tami) and I will be there Wednesday through Sunday.   Hoteling Wednesday and Thursday nites, camping Friday and Saturday.   1st time attendees - looking forward to it! 

You might want to pitch your tent prior to checking into your motel.  I've been to many MOA rallys and they are usually in venues where space is tight.  

Dave_in_TX

I plan to arrive Tuesday as I've volunteered to help with RV area Wednesday morning. I will be camping

RandyShields

I will arrive Wed.  A number of other Charlotteans also coming in after picking up some Canadian friends in NY.  We are at the Springhill Suites south of the rally site.

Randy

I'll be there Thursday some time, look for the guy on the white BMW.  If someone wants to propose a meet time and site thats cool.  I'm usually in the coffee area first thing in the am, I'll be the guy off to the side smoking a cigar.

We'll be in the area but we're staying at an Airbnb  by the river and doing day rides around the area before and after the rally. I'll wave if I see any of you! ;-)

• Like 2

I hope to leave early Wednesday morning. Planning to camp at the rally site.

It has been a few years, since I camped, I hope my gear isn't too tired. LOL

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

IMG_7035.thumb.jpeg.174563c2c8c7ed3c791365ecac76e77f.jpegThe bike is loaded and Bo is waiting for an early departure on Wednesday morning. I am supposed to meet up with a friend from Jacksonville and his buddy from Hilton Head in South Carolina for coffee in the morning sometime. 

• Like 8

All my non riding friends (and family) think I'm nuts for riding 500 miles to a "motorcycle show". Be in Doswell by noon tomorrow 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dave P said:

All my non riding friends (and family) think I'm nuts for riding 500 miles to a "motorcycle show". Be in Doswell by noon tomorrow 

My wife and I once drove 900 miles to Denver for dinner. Just dinner, no special occasion. A 150 mile ride to lunch is not uncommon.

Non-riding friends just don't get it, as most here know.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Non-riding friends just don't get it, as most here know.

Riding friends that don't do it are jealous.

Dave_in_TX
9 hours ago, TSConver said:

Susan and I are camping right across from the Greek food vendor. Stop by for a drink and cigar.

Is the Grey Wolf travel trailer your rig?

10 hours ago, TSConver said:

Saw Dave this morning still have not seen @Bernie

I saw Berne twice. Once in camping area and in pavilion for early coffee.

• Like 1

I packed up my tent and crap and rode home yesterday.

It was fun event and at least the weather was nice. It was great to meet so many friends, including members from BMWST.com. 

Sorry that I never saw @TSConver , I think I saw your bikes and rig as I pulled out Saturday around 11 am. Or @Limecreek, it would have been nice to meet him in person. Well maybe at the next MOA National.

I hope to catch up with you guys at FART 2023.

• Like 2
RandyShields

Here are a few photos from the rally.  It was held at the historic Meadow Farm, originally a thoroughbred racing stable.  And the birthplace of . . .

At over 330 acres, it was large enough for the thousands of tents dotting the landscape.  The event organizers and volunteers did a fantastic job.  This one required superhuman effort, and they pulled it off.

Walking home from dinner Thursday night, the sun was red because of the smoke.

An old RR depot from my Friday day ride around Lake Anna.

And another lighthouse -- this one from Stingray Point, near where the mouth of the Rappahannock River meets the Chesapeake Bay.

20230608_110703.jpg

20230608_111036.jpg

20230608_194015.jpg

20230609_091214.jpg

Stingray point.jpg

• Like 6
RandyShields

I went to a Klim airbag vest inflation demo at the rally.  As he was getting ready, I asked him how he was going to set off the vest, since it doesn't use a tether like a Helite.  He replied that he had a proprietary app that would allow him to set it off via his cell phone.  Yep, that is how he did it and the test dummy, even though he knew it was coming, was quite shocked.  I slipped the guy a $50 and he texted me a link to the app.  I think that would be incredibly funny when some of my friends (Joel) who have the vest suddenly have it go off while wearing it.  I disavow any risk of heart attack or crash when it goes off.

20230609_150506.thumb.jpg.4b312a90809590e1382830905e87cb39.jpg

• Like 4
  • Smile 2
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Can you imagine some Chinese hacker siting in Shanghai setting off vests all over the world.  ;)  

It'd be PLA 61398 :18:

Yeah, I am thinking they would rather hack sensitive infrastructure or military defense computers, than Joel on his ride.   :grin:

• Like 2
Lone_RT_rider
Just now, wbw6cos said:

Yeah, I am thinking they would rather hack sensitive infrastructure or military defense computers, than Joel on his ride.   :grin:

Well, that depends if my Venmo payment went through.....  :4323:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2