IGNORED

2004 R 1150GS Fuel Issue

RRK

Hello I just bought a 04 gs and the fuel gauge does not work and the fuel light is on all the time But tried to use the trip od. as fuel gauge and the bike is not picking up any of the reserve fuel in the tank what or can any body help me figure this out Thanks 

12 hours ago, RRK said:

Hello I just bought a 04 gs and the fuel gauge does not work and the fuel light is on all the time But tried to use the trip od. as fuel gauge and the bike is not picking up any of the reserve fuel in the tank what or can any body help me figure this out Thanks 

Morning RRK

We can't see inside the tank over the internet so about all you can do is remove the fuel tank then remove the fuel pump plate then look at what is going on inside.

It's possible the float has disintegrated, or the float arm is caught on something,  or ???????.

Once you open it up hopefully something will be evident.   

Yes I hear that this is the third pair of used underwear I am planning on removing tank and the guts but just thought I would get some other input before hand what gets me though is it will not use the reserve fuel in  the tank I know someone was suppose to have put a new fuel pump in it was told it was BMW dealership but when I talked to them they told me that they have not seen the bike since 2016 Thank you