IGNORED

Update-the-last [ I hope ]

bendbill

Greetings, Weaverville riders,  :bike:

I finally connected with Heidi, the new owner, and here is where attendance stands:

Six rooms are reserved starting on Fri Jun 2.  Another rider [ she has marked down as Carl ] arrives Saturday.  That makes 7 rooms.  She plans to have another room available, which has 3 beds in the same room—price negotiable if it goes to a single.

Because different family members answer the phone, there is confusion between Heidi and me as to the identities of attendees: 

I have recent personal confirmations from Groanup, Rob Nowell, and RT Russ, as well as mbelectric [ via text ]

Heidi has confirmation from Thor, Don McKinley, and last name Rengshaw.  She *thinks*  Don has 2 rooms booked.  I’m thinking  McKinley and/or Rengshaw might be the same as a board name.

Please help out an old guy and verify you’re on the list above.

As a backup, the 49er Gold Rush is 5 blocks away @ 718 Main St, 530 623 1373. I spoke to Bobert [ yep that’s his name ] who claims good availability at this time.

That is all, I hope

Bill

39 minutes ago, BendBill said:

...Heidi has confirmation from Thor, Don McKinley, and last name Rengshaw.  She *thinks*  Don has 2 rooms booked.  I’m thinking  McKinley and/or Rengshaw might be the same as a board name.

There was a bit of confusion when I called last time to confirm my reservation. I thought we had it straightened out by the time the call ended. I may be wrong...

Ren(g)shaw is me. I'll try calling one more time. Maybe we can get it straight. I don't know where the "g" came from.

I have no idea who Don McKinley is...

Thanks for the update.

Don,

She may still confused or they're simply new at this.  She admits others take the  reservation info--and she cannot always read their writing, hence the spelling glitch.  She also thought "Don" reserved a 2nd room.  Izzat you?

It may be easier to just let me--and others--know on this thread

Thanks ,

Bill 

14 hours ago, BendBill said:

Don,

She may still confused or they're simply new at this.  She admits others take the  reservation info--and she cannot always read their writing, hence the spelling glitch.  She also thought "Don" reserved a 2nd room.  Izzat you?

It may be easier to just let me--and others--know on this thread

The whole story:

When I initially made the reservation, I spoke to a young man. I reserved a room/cabin with two beds. He took my name but was unable to take my CC info. He assured me that I would have a room though.

Then there was a couple of "updates", so I thought I better call and make sure I still had my room. (I think this is where the confusion began)

This time I spoke with a young woman, who I assume was Heidi. She seemed to be having trouble understanding me (bad connection?), but eventually we got it straightened out (I thought). It was not my intention to reserve a second room...

So, my intention is to have one room/cabin with two beds for both Friday and Saturday nights June 2 & 3. Leaving on Sunday.

The name on the reservation should be Don Renshaw. 

Sorry this got so confusing. I really appreciate your efforts Bill.

Do you want to relay this info, or shall I call?

1 hour ago, Rob Nowell said:

Oh, Don...you are such a trouble maker!

You sound like my ex-wife...

I'm in and "reserved".  I stayed there last year and had a wonderful time. I'm a bit surprised that they are this unorganized a full year later. I think I'll bring my Therm-a-Rest camping mat just in case :-)

Russ

• Like 1
12 hours ago, RT Russ said:

I'm in and "reserved".  I stayed there last year and had a wonderful time. I'm a bit surprised that they are this unorganized a full year later. I think I'll bring my Therm-a-Rest camping mat just in case :-)

Russ

Yep, thanks Russ.  Heidi and I both have you confirmed as one of 6 arrivals on Fri Jun 2

In and reserved, hopefully. Carl reserved 2 rooms for Friday and Saturday. I have called to check twice, and they say they have it. 

See you there

Thanks, Jim.  I'm staying positive they can room everyone.   Here is our confirmed list of arrivals for Fri for a total of 7 rooms:

Traveler               Thor

Groanup              Don

mbelectric           Mark

RT Russ               Russ

Rob Nowell         Rob

Jim B                   Jim    2 rooms

Items to note:

1--Heidi told me last week they should have 7 rooms, 4 of them singles.  She says that even though the remaining 3 rooms cost more, she will "work with riders" for a fair price.

2--My wife Cam and I are staying at the 49er Gold Country, but plan on late afternoons/early eves at Red Hill.

3--Fri nite might be good to meet up at the newer Trinity County Brew Pub around the corner.  Saturday afternoon/eve is 1st Friday  Arts and Entertainment Walk

Look forward to seeing you all,

Bill

Screen+Shot+2021-08-05+at+9.23.57+AM.png

Rob Nowell
15 hours ago, BendBill said:

Saturday afternoon/eve is 1st Friday 

lol...and I thought I GOT my days mixed up!

• Haha 1
On 5/25/2023 at 7:08 PM, BendBill said:

Saturday afternoon/eve is 1st Saturday  Arts and Entertainment Walk

Fixed   [ better late than never ] :classic_blush:

HI all, I will be arriving on Friday and staying at 49er Gold Country. The gravel parking lot was not appealing with my stubby legs :27:.

I am visiting family in Roseville but shipped my bike in from Mass. Hoping to tag behind someone on Saturday and Sunday who know the roads around Weaverville.

Is anybody riding from Sacramento area to Weaverville who would enjoy company on the ride up?

Cheers

Bob 

Look forward to meeting you, Bob.  The Weaverville meetups are casual.  No matter where you stay, riders usually meet outside at Red Hill at day's end to tell lies and discuss possibilities for the next day's ride.  I understand gravel avoidance, in which case you might park at the next door library and walk to the gathering around the park bench at Red Hill.

Altogether we may have about 8-9 people

See you Friday

18 hours ago, BobW03 said:

HI all, I will be arriving on Friday and staying at 49er Gold Country. The gravel parking lot was not appealing with my stubby legs :27:.

I am visiting family in Roseville but shipped my bike in from Mass. Hoping to tag behind someone on Saturday and Sunday who know the roads around Weaverville.

Is anybody riding from Sacramento area to Weaverville who would enjoy company on the ride up?

Cheers

Bob 

What do you ride? I'm in Fairfield and will be heading up on Friday. A decent part of my route will include dirt and/or gravel roads.

Russ

Hi Russ, I am on a 2016RT; not the best for gravel or dirt......unfortunately.

i have my laptop with basecamp loaded; should be able to create a decent route.

Thanks

for the response

bob