IGNORED

09 r1200 RT-Front brake caliper rebuild question

Jeffrop

Bike has 62000 miles and feel a little drag/wobble in the front particularly when braking at very low speeds when coming to a stop. No wobble at speeds above 10 mph. So far, Front bearings and seals replaced, pads replaced with EBC HH pads and new Brembo rotors installed. Front tire replaced as well. 

Assume that the caliper pistons were not fully releasing so I’m installing new pistons and seals on the front calipers. Is there any special bleeding steps I need to take?  Should the calipers be filled with brake fluid prior to bleeding or will the normal bleeding process take care of getting all the air out of the calipers?
Thanks for your input 

8 minutes ago, Jeffrop said:

Bike has 62000 miles and feel a little drag/wobble in the front particularly when braking at very low speeds when coming to a stop. No wobble at speeds above 10 mph. So far, Front bearings and seals replaced, pads replaced with EBC HH pads and new Brembo rotors installed. Front tire replaced as well. 

Assume that the caliper pistons were not fully releasing so I’m installing new pistons and seals on the front calipers. Is there any special bleeding steps I need to take?  Should the calipers be filled with brake fluid prior to bleeding or will the normal bleeding process take care of getting all the air out of the calipers?
Thanks for your input 

Evening Jeffrop

Nothing really special on the bleeding but you should shim the brake pads away from the rotors (ie push & hold the pistons farther back in their caliper bores) during front brake bleeding. Probably not absolutely needed with new brake pads as the new pads are pretty thick when new).

Probably won't gain anything by adding fluid to the calipers as the trapped air will still be behind it but it won't hurt anything either.