IGNORED

Review of Wunderlich Marathon Windscreen?

Shelterwoods

Shelterwoods

I have a R1250RS, and would like smoother airflow. I am considering the purchase of the Wunderlich Marathon Windscreen and would like to know if anyone here has tried it, and their opinions of it. The standard windscreen is ok, though I would like to reduce the buffeting. I ride with the stock windscreen in the highest position possible.

Del

Not trying to get views but I had this exact windshield on my R1250RS until I crashed it last year. Hear a link to my YouTube video

I thought the screen was much better than stock but in the high position I felt like I got extra airflow at my sleeves. In the low position, it's about like the stock screen in high position but definitely smoother if that makes sense. It does tend to vibrate a bit. Not bad but noticeable. Seemed to work better in the high mount holes compared to the low mount holes.

Shelterwoods

Daveyator:

Thank you for the video. My ride looks exactly like yours, including the upper case. I'm 5'8", with 29" inseam, and with the information you've provided, this sounds like a good fit for me.

By the way, why do you list the 2020 R1250RS as RIP? I had a CX500 and an V65 Sabre and loved them both.

Del

:java:

On 3/10/2023 at 10:35 AM, Shelterwoods said:

why do you list the 2020 R1250RS as RIP?

On 3/10/2023 at 10:15 AM, Daveyator said:

my R1250RS until I crashed it last year

Shelterwoods

Purchased, installed and tested, this windscreen is exactly what I was hoping for. The rattling that may occur on my machine is due to loose fit in the adjustment linkage to raise and lower the position of the screen; haven't figured out a nice solution for that yet. Thanks for the input.

By the way, I hope you faired better than the bike after the crash.

Del 

• 2 weeks later...
Shelterwoods

Good to hear that you have recovered so well. I had an accident that left my bike looking like yours, and it took me about a year to get over.

Del