IGNORED

2009F80 GS stalling/engine cut off

charles Dennis

charles Dennis

All. I own a 2009 F800GS and over the last few months, when riding, the engine dies when I pull in the clutch when getting ready to stop. I usually keep the RPM's around 2500 to 3500 when riding. When I pull the clutch and roll back the throttle,  the RPMs drop below 600 RPMs and the engine dies everytime. Starts back up no problem but idles around 700. If anyone has any information on the cause of this, I would appreciate any info I can get. No shop in my area will work on anything over 10 years old

Have a look at the idle air control valve and give it a cleaning if it has black crap on it.  Also check the air hoses for cracks.

A GS-911 will allow you to reset adaptations.

6 hours ago, charles Dennis said:

All. I own a 2009 F800GS and over the last few months, when riding, the engine dies when I pull in the clutch when getting ready to stop. I usually keep the RPM's around 2500 to 3500 when riding. When I pull the clutch and roll back the throttle,  the RPMs drop below 600 RPMs and the engine dies everytime. Starts back up no problem but idles around 700. If anyone has any information on the cause of this, I would appreciate any info I can get. No shop in my area will work on anything over 10 years old

Evening Dennis 

As RadioFlyer mentioned it it typically the Idle Control Device & surrounding passage that becomes carboned up with coking from fuel vapors remaining in the intake system. Kind of pain to access & clean, but that is the best place to start anyhow.  The Idle Control Device is in the side of the intake box.   

If that doesn't cure your issues then possibly your emission Evaporator Canister is plugged & full of raw fuel. 

elctuR2.png

charles Dennis

Thanks a bunch. I'll check those out. Just spent a bunch of cash getting my fuel system takenapart and cleaned.