IGNORED

Clutch Slave cylinder rebuild kit

C Spen

While serving and replacing seals, I found my clutch slave cylinder to have debris in it.  I am looking for a rebuild kit.  

Does anyone know where I can find one, if they make them?

Might try a search. I am in the middle of a clutch replacement, actually mostly done now, but I am wondering if the master or slave is also toast as it doesn't seem to be building much pressure, will find out tomorrow, need to bleed it again. 

Anyhoo, my recollection is that there is not a kit available? This is will be my choice if I am in need of a new slave.

https://www.beemerboneyard.com/21527724542.html

• Plus 1 1
4 hours ago, C Spen said:

Thank you. I have seen rebuild kits for other brands of bikes, just not this one. 

Morning  C Spen

Before spending money on a rebuild kit (or parts) take your old one completely apart then verify that the piston bearing is still OK (those tend to start seizing up then the piston starts spinning in the bore). That spinning destroys the piston seal & puts that black crap in the slave fluid. 

Also look closely at piston bore for signs that the piston was spinning therefore scoring or ruining the slave bore.   

If there is any signs that the piston was spinning then (personally) I just put a new slave on as rebuilding the old one becomes a crap shoot & a leaking slave can ruin the clutch. 

• Like 1