IGNORED

Kbike throttle question

wedgeman

ok..

So i've got this 92 krs.. came wiht Throttlemeisters. they're nice.. and add the cute chrome farkle look.. but I couldn't care less.

I really miss the throttle tensioner from my Rbike (and which was on my KRTP)...

Is there a way to retro this onto my 92KRS? Anybody done this? what parts do I need?

thx

Geeez people..

40+ views, and about as much help as my aunt's knitting class... confused.gif

Is this the geriatric ward? Anybody seen something like this done?

Perhaps "the throttle tensioner from my Rbike" is a bit vague. What sort is it?

Google "bmw k throttle-screw" brings up a fair selection of solutions, most of which are already on this board (Throttlemeister, Bob's, John Deere O-ring ...) as well as regret that the 2-valve K solution (friction screw into the throttle control casting) is not readily available for the 4-valve Ks.

Geeez people..

40+ views, and about as much help as my aunt's knitting class... confused.gif

Is this the geriatric ward? Anybody seen something like this done?

aRE yOU tALKING about the "Schneider's Throttle Lock"..?

I don't it can be done - I dunno tho'

duckbubbles

Hi Wedgeman:

I did a mod on my 92 K100RS to the switch housing beside the throttle. Used a BMW thumbscrew/spring assembly from the top. Take the switch housing apart and look at the inside. There is a spot on top where the throttle sleeve protrudes into the switch housing. It is thick enough to be drilled and tapped with a 8mm x .75mm (if memory serves me correctly) and the thumbscrew threaded in for throttle friction. I don't have the bike anymore so I can't supply pictures. The older K-bike throttle assys. (gear/chain action) had a hole tapped into the bottom of the housing.

The negative is that it is on the top of the housing and water can sit in there. I filled the cavity with grease to help with that. But it is easily reached and perhaps a plastic cap can the put on it to protect it in weather.

Frank

Archived