IGNORED

ACC and Gear Shift Assistance Pro Deactivation???

Motor32

Today while out on my '23 RT with the ACC engaged, as I approached a traffic light and started downshifting without touching the brakes or clutch, the [B][I]cruise control stayed on and the speed didn't slow down[/I][/B] (it just revved the engine higher).

Is this working correctly??? I thought when you use the Gear Shft Assistance Pro it always deactivated the cruise control while downshifting. Any help, thanks.

Steve

Today I got out on both my 2020 RT (no ACC) and my 2023 RT (with ACC).

1 : The 2020 RT, with cruise control activated, downshifting without touching the brakes or clutch, cancels the cruise control, (I personally like this better) and you start to slow down.

2 : The 2023 RT, with the ACC activated, downshifting without touching the brakes or clutch, does NOT cancel the cruise control, and you keep going at the same speed in a lower gear w/more RPM's.

3 : The 2023 RT, with the ACC turned off, and using the regular cruise control, downshifting without touching the brakes or clutch, does NOT cancel the cruise control, and you keep going at the same speed in a lower gear w/more RPM's.

I do like the old way better, for when you come upon a twisty section of road, I would just bang down two gears and lean into the turn. Now I'll have to tap the brakes first, then downshift.

Another thing about the ACC, is that at the farthest setting you're just too close to the car in front (especially if the speed is above 45MPH), here in Arizona the speed limit can go up to 75MPH and it will give you very little time to react yourself, (my two cents). I keep the ACC turned off for this reason, to me it's just too close for comfort.

Steve

In my car, the only time it's used is in a traffic jam,  just set it and it works great, keeping a set distance to the car in front. As soon as the jam eases, off it goes back to regular.

Steve