IGNORED

Cyclops Low Beam Resistor Installation.

narcosis

After several years of seeing the warning light when running the high beams, I finally ordered the resistor harness from Cyclops.  The question for those who have installed it is where did you locate it?  Without the resistor harness, everything fits in the headlight assembly.  It appears to me that I'll have to cut a hole in the low beam cover and zip tie the resistor somewhere outside the headlight assembly.  If this doesn't make sense I'll add pictures later when I can get to it.  Thanks folks!

On my 19RT everything fit, tightly, in the housing.  I did remove the light housing from the bike so working on a bench made it easier.  Very pleased with the lights so far.  

• Plus 1 2

Well, it's a new day so I'll give it another look.  I did remove the headlight assembly yesterday so at least everything is visible.  It would be nice to get everything inside the housing.

On my '16 RT the only resister called for was on the right side high beam and it came with the 3 light kit.  Never a problem or a warning on low or high for me.  If you have just a low beam LED then I'd call them to make sure before I went to the trouble of reinstalling and perhaps find it's not right.  They are a friendly and helpful bunch.  I didn't find it necessary to cut a hole in any access cover.  It wasn't necessary.  Good luck.

Success.  Glad I bounced it off you guys first.  Now that I've verified everything works properly I'll clean the tupperware and reassemble.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, JSCOTT said:

On my 19RT everything fit, tightly, in the housing.  I did remove the light housing from the bike so working on a bench made it easier.  Very pleased with the lights so far.  

Hey Joe, remind me to check out your handy work on that bulb when I see you in April.  Thanks!