IGNORED

VIDEO : Retrofitting My Werks Quiet Ride Windscreen To Work On My '23 RT

Motor32

• Motor32 changed the title to VIDEO : Retrofitting My Werks Quiet Ride Windscreen To Work On My '23 RT
19 minutes ago, Rob Nowell said:

meh...what's a couple hundy?

That's true, but if you already have the windscreen and it only needs two holes drilled in it, why not save the money and use the cash for other items for the bike???

Steve

1 minute ago, Skywagon said:

Bishop Rock ?  Can you get out of first gear on a 45M island?😁

Not really, but it does keep the miles low.

Steve

On 1/19/2023 at 9:21 AM, Motor32 said:

That's true, but if you already have the windscreen and it only needs two holes drilled in it, why not save the money and use the cash for other items for the bike???

Steve

pardon my warped sense of humor:  you have $50k in two bikes, "what's a couple hundy?"    my bad

7 hours ago, lkraus said:

Saving a couple hundy, repeatedly, is how you can afford to have $50k in two bikes.

:cuz:

Excuse me, I have to go darn some socks.

A penny saved, is a penny earned. I also kill the engine and coast on the downhills, FYI.

Steve

• Like 2

Haha, my brother has done quite well, certainly in the top 1%, invested well…yada-yada, was visiting to my place so I had some folks over for a barbecue.   A few days later a friend who was there was curious as to why my brother who is so wealthy would be driving an 8 year old Rav-4 (the front wheel drive model to boot).  He thought he show up in a Benz or something.  I told him he’s done well financially exactly because he drives a Rav-4, wears a generic polo, big box store purchased shorts and $40 dollar sneakers and is the secret to his financial condition.

So, you drill them holes and coast motor off down hill. The benefits will accrue!  Although with this modification trick you shared maybe Realshelby will need to revise his sales projections a little:ohboy:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Paul De said:

I told him he’s done well financially exactly because he drives a Rav-4, wears a generic polo, big box store purchased shorts and $40 dollar sneakers and is the secret to his financial condition.

Just read an article this morning about Ronald Read, a gas station attendant and janitor who worked hard, lived frugally, invested his money, and amassed an $8 million fortune during his lifetime!  Same concept.  Wow.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 2:12 PM, RandyShields said:

Just read an article this morning about Ronald Read, a gas station attendant and janitor who worked hard, lived frugally, invested his money, and amassed an $8 million fortune during his lifetime!  Same concept.  Wow.

It's that old concept of "live beneath your means" !!   I have know a lot of millionaires who have done just that and were able to retire well at a young age.  Pretty much the Dave Ramsey concept and seems to work every time. 

Problem with the younger generations today is they want to live like their parents immediately out of school.   There is a huge immediacy issue today.