IGNORED

Looking for fork mounted "fog/driving" lights

SD1

Those look like the MotoLight brand.  I have a set on my 04 which are high quality and nicely made. They came with the bike and I converted them to LED from halogen.  They are nothing special as far as lights go for driving at night.  They do well for making you more visible during the daylight hours.

• Like 1

Mike279 says it right.  Motolight are a great product, and speaking about their customer service.   I was on my Four Corner Ride in 2012 coming across NM, when I noticed one of the lights was out.  I called Motolight, and together we figured my next stop/pace of mail, etc.   Light was delivered on time, and I think I missed two or three days without it.  Not great for night riding, but perfect for others to see you coming.  Wonderful product, great service

Thanks for the help! I do believe that is the product, although someone suggested PIAA and they look very similar. And yes on the caliper mount, they look "OEM" and that is what I am after.

The pics are of my previous RTP but I bought another one. As you state, I like the look of the setup and the visibility, don't really need them for illumination at night, but certainly doesn't hurt the program either.

Too bad they are so spendy, not $600 cool but, I am A-OK with used and will keep and eye out. Thanks again for the tips!!

-Doug

Cheap walmart lights I had for years,...under $20 for 55w halogen.

image.thumb.png.a375c1d1450f779264e4a33aa40dd023.pngimage.thumb.png.8d2aa0f23252459814ecd0f371a66caa.png

image.thumb.png.874d38b297ad6bc966b0a6a8edb83970.png

Worked "good enough".  I tapped into the lowbeam wiring to come on with them.

@Rougarou Thanks for the post, that looks great and especially for the money.  I am going to snoop around for a used set and see if I can get lucky, but would do that in a pinch. Thanks again for the comment, nice looking bike!

And what the heck fire is the small tube on on the left side of the fairing? Is that some type of miniaturized rocket launcher for errant drivers who make the mistake of cutting you off in traffic? : )

56 minutes ago, SD1 said:

@Rougarou Thanks for the post, that looks great and especially for the money.  I am going to snoop around for a used set and see if I can get lucky, but would do that in a pinch. Thanks again for the comment, nice looking bike!

And what the heck fire is the small tube on on the left side of the fairing? Is that some type of miniaturized rocket launcher for errant drivers who make the mistake of cutting you off in traffic? : )

Contour ContourROAM3 Action Camera (Black) 1901 B&H Photo Video

Although a rocket launcher would be more beneficial.

Holy smoke and oil slick, 007! I want a rocket launcher too; that damn .50 cal I'm totin' draws too much attention. 🤣

If I got a set of Motolights for my old RT and filled the tank with premium, I'd almost double it's value.   The folks at Motolights are VERY proud of their products. Uffda!

Can anyone recommend something a little less spendy?

• Smile 1
The Rocketman

You need patience. Half the fun of finding cheap bike parts is in the hunt. 

The last set of caliper mounted MotoLights I bought for $127.50 in black which is just what I had been searching for.

Need to scour ADVRider Marketplace, BMWMOA Marketplace, Fleabay and Craigslist every day. A quick search tool is: https://www.searchtempest.com/

As alternatives I'd look for a used set of Clearwater Darla lights, or Denali D2's if you're just looking for small, bright conspicuity lights.

These are what I put on my '13RT:  

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Lights-Driving-Round-Offroad/dp/B00VL4H78W/ref=sr_1_6?crid=EFZKATOS2FO4&keywords=motorcycle%2Bdriving%2Blights&qid=1675093873&sprefix=motorcycle%2Bdriving%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-6&th=1

I found the mounts I used on the fork tubes on Amazon too.  I know the '13RT forks are different from your '09 but I also had them mounted using the top brake caliper mounting bolt.  I bought longer mounting bolts and spacers at the hardware store.  I don't have a picture of that setup but it was very easy to do and I used that method on many different bikes.

IMG_1511.jpeg

IMG_1510.jpeg

IMG_1512.jpeg

I have two sets of those Ourbest on bikes and they are holding up well.  I think there was a Silver color available too that a friend bought.  The moto lights are quality lights if that's what you need or get them with a bike like I did.