IGNORED

Submersible Fuel Hose Identification?

2wheelterry

2wheelterry

Following a recent post, here, I am looking for the fuel hose that can be immersed in the fuel tank. I used the part number provided by Mr. David E.B. Smith, but the BMW parts guy could not get it to come up in his computer. After describing what I wanted, I was given fuel hose with a part number 13 31 1 469 781. It was $11.59 USD per meter. It has the following stamped on it: V FUEL D8X13 BMW 07 05 >CR/CMD/NBR<. I don’t feel totally confident with what I was given. Does anyone know how to read this code? I also tried looking up the part number in the Max BMW fiche, it did not recognize the part number.

As always, thanks for the help.

DavidEBSmith

If you go to the Max parts fiche, R1100RT, Fuel Supply, Fuel Supply/Pump/Filter, it's part number 8 on the diagram. Fuel Hose 8x13. See the attachment.

693877-fuel.gif.ff9493538fec64b9e7995a6d3362a8d2.gif

2wheelterry

Thanks, but that's the part number I gave him, which he could get his computer to recognize. Maybe he could not read my writing?

DavidEBSmith

I dunno. Sometimes BMW changes part numbers and dealers don't update them. Maybe it's real new. The original part number I gave, 16 12 1 180 040, is shown currently on the fiches from Max and Hammersley and A&S and RealOEM and on my old ETK disk. Even if it was replaced with a new part number, it should show up on a search. If I get to Chicago BMW tomorrow, I can ask them to look it up, although looking it up on their website, the part number you gave doesn't come up with anything, and my part number comes up as "8-HOSE S" at $14.48 a unit. $11 a meter sounds low for the immersion hose, and high for the regular hose.

2wheelterry

As you pointed out there are other dealers. I'm thinking that I may just reorder the hose from another dealer using the known part number and see what they can provide. If someone else can give me the "known" hose, I will return this one. It was off the shelf, so returning should not be an issue.

Thanks for your help.

Archived