IGNORED

Where is the Ignore Forun Button?

TestPilot

As the title states, where is the Ignore Forum button?  The following note is displayed if I click on my User Name and select Account Settings > Ignored Forums:  "Go to any forum and click in the Ignore Forum button to ignore the forum and its topics."  However, no such button is displayed.

That button does seem to be missing.  It was available, because I know I've ignored the political crap and bikes I'm not familiar with, but the instructions don't match what I see today. The option to un-ignore a forum is also missing from my profile page.

1 hour ago, lkraus said:

The option to un-ignore a forum is also missing from my profile page.

Unfortunately when the host software made recent changes , it broke the Ignore Forum application.  I had long discussions with the developer and he determined that the host change was not something he could "fix" .   He said it was because we operate on a cloud service, not a self host.

So, for those that had already ignored a forum, it does continue to work.  

However, it is not possible to initiate a new "ignore".  I even offered the developer compensation to develop a unique version for a cloud hosted version,  but he said that was not possible. 

Actually I think he just didn't want to put out the effort .  In any event at this point, unfortunately ignore forums is no longer available.

So any forums I've ignored in the past are permanently ignored?  Not that I intend to change anything, I just want to understand how things work.

41 minutes ago, lkraus said:

So any forums I've ignored in the past are permanently ignored?  Not that I intend to change anything, I just want to understand how things work.

No, they can be unignored ... but once done , can't be re-ignored ...  :(

• 1 month later...

@TestPilot, @lkraus

Ignore Forums is back ... the developer provided an update, not specific to our issue, but it appears it has fixed it.  

The ignore Forums button is back and I've made some limited testing and it appears to work.  

• Like 1
On 2/25/2023 at 5:52 PM, chrisolson said:

@TestPilot, @lkraus

Ignore Forums is back ... the developer provided an update, not specific to our issue, but it appears it has fixed it.  

The ignore Forums button is back and I've made some limited testing and it appears to work.  

It was nice of him to save you/us/the board some cash by not wanting to bother with it before ;)

29 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

It was nice of him to save you/us/the board some cash by not wanting to bother with it before ;)

LOL ... Yeah I see this as an "unintended consequence" of him fixing another issue that apparently was appearing on phones that just happened to also fix ours ... and I'm pretty sure he's unaware of it. 

Of course no guarantee it will continue to work through other host updates ... but hey, it works now.