IGNORED

Anyone heard of this place?

The Rocketman

The Rocketman

https://www.motorcyclecloth.com/

Legit or scam?
Thoughts are URL just sounds odd, and prices are insanely cheap. Says they're based in Canada, ship from US warehouse for free, and delivery is usually between 3-15 working weeks.

Check out the jackets; A-Stars, Rev'it, Klim, etc. dirt cheap.

Opinions appreciated.
Thanks.

Looks like they are in Arvada CO.  Prices are ridiculously cheap.  A 600 KLIM jacket for 88 bucks.  Wonder if there is something wrong with the clothing.   They have a ton of inventory where most other motorcycle clothing shops have very limited clothing.   Thanks for the heads up Rocketman.

The Colorado address listed on their "Contact Us" page is an apartment.

The "Delivery" page makes little sense for a company shipping from a U.S. warehouse :

"SHIPPING
HK$160.00 via FEDEX Priority Service
Order within 4 Hours 58 Minutes to receive Thu 31 Mar – Fri 1 Apr
ADDITIONAL SHIPPING INFO
We use FedEx’s Priority service for deliveries to the Rest of World.
Customers living outside the UK will not be charged VAT on their purchases from END."

Shipping in the U.S is a bit messed up right now, but FedEx does not require 3-15 weeks to deliver a package from a U.S. warehouse.  

"About Us" says "Motorcycle Clothing Sales is Canada’s health and wellness destination for looking well, feeling well, and performing well. Our role is to help motivate Canadians to get moving and help them achieve their wellness goals. As Canada’s leading health and wellness destination, Motorcycle Clothing Sales understands better than anyone the role sports and activity play in the lives of Canadians. 

So a Colorado mailing address for Canada's leading destination for wellness selling motorcycle gear for Hong Kong dollars.

Too many inconsistencies for me.

EDIT: I tried another search, found some info from another site (which looks a bit sketchy itself) saying that motorcyclecloth.com has only existed since Oct 11th, 2022.  Some of their pages say they were last updated on 2020.  Another discrepancy...

• Thinking 1
2 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

FWIW.... those prices are substantially under manufacturers' landed costs.......:java:

I also found a reference on the moto site to the Keen footwear site - they look exactly the same other than the actual products (same layout, same "everything is on sale" format).  On the Keen page the discounts aren't nearly as crazy and I can see how someone might think they were legit prices on maybe closeout/overstock items (things are half price mostly as opposed to the motoshop one where most things are like 80-90% off). Hopefully people are being smart, but obviously enough people fall for it to make it worth setting up the sites in the first place :(

• 2 weeks later...

I found the address for this biz ("Contact us") and went to Google Streets.  Looks KINDA like and apartment,/town home/condo wouldn't you say??  Smells fishy.  Rotten fish.

image.thumb.png.52b0375cfadd9e90851d5e0a70c92b2d.png

image.thumb.png.8f7d82fb3cad479043b5220535e0cc31.png

11 hours ago, Lowndes said:

I found the address for this biz ("Contact us") and went to Google Streets.  Looks KINDA like and apartment,/town home/condo wouldn't you say??  Smells fishy.  Rotten fish.

image.thumb.png.52b0375cfadd9e90851d5e0a70c92b2d.png

image.thumb.png.8f7d82fb3cad479043b5220535e0cc31.png

While it does sound like a "suspect" business, I wouldn't count out the "business address" being of concern.

I had a 4WD buddy that started his business from his apartment.  All drop shipped items, he stored nothing on site, nor in any warehouse.  His business address was his apartment and he did well with it.

• Plus 1 1
5 hours ago, Rougarou said:

While it does sound like a "suspect" business, I wouldn't count out the "business address" being of concern.

I had a 4WD buddy that started his business from his apartment.  All drop shipped items, he stored nothing on site, nor in any warehouse.  His business address was his apartment and he did well with it.

All true.  Agreed.  Heck, Apple was started in a garage.  However, taken with the pricing that is WAAAY lower than anything else out there on these products, even if these are returns, overstocks, defective rejects, or warranty returns, there is just too much money left on the table.  "Too good to be true" pricing and no storefront ??  I'd bet your money on it, but not mine.

17 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

All true.  Agreed.  Heck, Apple was started in a garage.  However, taken with the pricing that is WAAAY lower than anything else out there on these products, even if these are returns, overstocks, defective rejects, or warranty returns, there is just too much money left on the table.  "Too good to be true" pricing and no storefront ??  I'd bet your money on it, but not mine.

The only thing that grabs my attention is the prices and date of website creation.  No storefront is no biggie in this day of e-commerce.

BTW, here's a picture of a $21m publicly traded companys office address:

image.thumb.png.50b719dba73214c1a310823f640583e5.png

Ya, I made a wee bit off these guys when they bounced to $8 a few years ago,.....got in and got out quick.