IGNORED

Deactivating alarm for ferry journey

I will be heading on a couple of ferry's for my EU tour this year, is it possible to deactivate the bike alarm such that the alarm will not drain the battery if it activates due to bad sea crossing?

Or will even a rough crossing not activate the alarm?

Maybe I’m missing something. Couldn’t you just not set the alarm? Nobody is getting that bike off the boat. 

• Plus 1 1
5 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

Maybe I’m missing something. Couldn’t you just not set the alarm? Nobody is getting that bike off the boat. 

I assumed that the alarm was set as soon as the ignition was off, you have me thinking now .... 

The first press of the button on the keyfob does central locking.   If you press it again, the "beep beep," coupled with flashing of the turn indicators, would confirm that the alarm is set.   It has to be manually set.   I am not aware of a way to set it automatically after the ignition is off.   Unless you set it, you should be fine.

For giggles, leave the key fob far away from the bike (igniton off) and go move your bike around, shake it, etc.   Post the results.

2 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

The first press of the button on the keyfob does central locking.   If you press it again, the "beep beep," coupled with flashing of the turn indicators, would confirm that the alarm is set.   It has to be manually set.   I am not aware of a way to set it automatically after the ignition is off.   Unless you set it, you should be fine.

For giggles, leave the key fob far away from the bike (igniton off) and go move your bike around, shake it, etc.   Post the results.

I have an old school 2014 R1200GS, basic key functionality ....

Use the whizzy wheel and go down a few screens until you see system. Push the wheel to right and you will see alarm. Click on alarm and set sensor to off. It’s on or about page 76 in the manual

92B960BF-A441-4718-9336-C667BC469710.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1