IGNORED

North Meets South in The Middle April 28-30 2023

CoarsegoldKid

• CoarsegoldKid changed the title to North Meets South in The Middle April 28-30 2023
CoarsegoldKid

Okay my fellow hooligans, we are going to stay in MARIPOSA IN 2023. Imagine that.  This puts us further up Hwy 49 and the opportunity to check out other roads and restaurants.  Oakhurst was crazy high priced.  I could not get a group discount.  Be sure to get your old farts senior discount or AAA.  After doing some searching around it turns out to be the best motel price at the Quality Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway.  So far they have plenty of rooms available.  Call NOW!

Quality Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway

Also, for anybody interested, I am going to extend this ride into a longer ride when we leave on Sunday morning.  Anybody wanting to join me for a couple more days let me know. The extended route is still in the works.

Ed

PS. Carl no guarantees on the roads and river crossings :)

• Like 1
CoarsegoldKid
50 minutes ago, SpineDr said:

Also, for anybody interested, I am going to extend this ride into a longer ride when we leave on Sunday morning.  Anybody wanting to join me for a couple more days let me know. The extended route is still in the works.

Ed

PS. Carl no guarantees on the roads and river crossings :)

I'm guessing this is Ed Korthuis.  Ed I think you would like a day in the Sierra National Forest.  I can show you the forest.

Joe, that was me. Would love to ride up in the national forest as well but I have no way to get my dirtbike up there. 
Hoping this year I don’t go head on with Bambi again.

On 1/11/2023 at 11:21 PM, Groanup said:

I am booked in Mariposa.

I will see the Usual Suspects on Friday morning for the charge up the hill.

In, solo room booked.

CoarsegoldKid

See ya there!  Leave Thrusday.  If it's at all possible for you and your friends to meet up with the Usual Suspects in Tehachapi on Friday morning it will be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
CoarsegoldKid

There's a first time for everyone.  You will be welcomed with open arms.  Thor is from that area I think.  He's coming.

Mike - Myself and probably a few others from the Bay Area will be riding Mariposa.   We don't have all the route details worked out yet.  I'll PM you in a week or so and give you an update.  Would love to have you join us.

Thor

On 2/7/2023 at 7:48 AM, Traveler1 said:

Mike - Myself and probably a few others from the Bay Area will be riding Mariposa.   We don't have all the route details worked out yet.  I'll PM you in a week or so and give you an update.  Would love to have you join us.

Thor

Thanks...looking forward to it.

Rob- I have not looked at anything other than google routes right now. I am on a goldwing this year so not doing any goat roads. If you have a idea hit me up on pm for my phone #

• 4 weeks later...

New to the group but sounds like a fun gathering! Plus, the ride down to Mariposa from Sacramento is a blast!  Love that Little Dragon! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 2:53 PM, SpineDr said:

Joe, that was me. Would love to ride up in the national forest as well but I have no way to get my dirtbike up there. 
Hoping this year I don’t go head on with Bambi again.

Poor Bambi..

G0100244forwev.thumb.jpg.0704dd104afc2379f30f856a991dceb0.jpg

Just wondering if these road closers have any impact on days trips planned?

AS OF 4/05/2023 3:40 PM

CLOSED WATER CROSSINGS:

Silva Road Crossing

8th Street Crossing

Fournier Crossing

Agua Fria Crossing

Leonard Road Crossing

Antone Road Crossing 

Morman Bar Xing

CURRENT CLOSED ROADS:

All Mariposa County Roads have opened with the exception of the following roads which will be open to residents only: 

Carter Rd 

Sherlock Rd

Mt Gaines Rd

Number 9 Rd

Holtzel Rd (from Greeley Hill Rd to Millbrow Ln)

Chowchilla Mtn Rd, (dirt portion above Ponderosa Basin)

Oak Rd open- access from Oak Rd Bridge/Hwy 140 side

Best Rd closed at Comet Mine Lane to the last residence on the Mariposa Pines side

• 2 weeks later...