IGNORED

TPMS reboot?

KDeline

I seem to get the interesting problems. On my 2009, 80,000 mile R1200RTP, TPMS was functioning properly, shut it down. Next morning start up the vehicle, ride down the road and notice both pressure sensors showing dashed lines. Continue to ride, the pressure never displayed and interestingly, after a few minutes, never threw a fault in the display. It’s too coincidental that both sensors have failed at the exact same time. In the past, when I had a faulty sensor, the dashes would appear, and after about five minutes, it would throw a fault on the dash with the tire icon and on the GS 911. About 50 miles I come home, hook up the GS 911 and it  showed no faults in the system. Hmm… I figured since this is just a big rolling computer nowadays I decided to pull the battery cable and see if a reboot would clear up the issue, and it did. My long winded question is, has anybody else had this issue? 

50 minutes ago, KDeline said:

I seem to get the interesting problems. On my 2009, 80,000 mile R1200RTP, TPMS was functioning properly, shut it down. Next morning start up the vehicle, ride down the road and notice both pressure sensors showing dashed lines. Continue to ride, the pressure never displayed and interestingly, after a few minutes, never threw a fault in the display. It’s too coincidental that both sensors have failed at the exact same time. In the past, when I had a faulty sensor, the dashes would appear, and after about five minutes, it would throw a fault on the dash with the tire icon and on the GS 911. About 50 miles I come home, hook up the GS 911 and it  showed no faults in the system. Hmm… I figured since this is just a big rolling computer nowadays I decided to pull the battery cable and see if a reboot would clear up the issue, and it did. My long winded question is, has anybody else had this issue? 

Morning KDeline

That is kind of odd that it didn't give you a fault.

Were the wheel sensors colder than usual that morning, when the batteries start dying the sensors take longer to wake up.

I have seen some odd things happen to vehicle TPMS  systems when there is RFI interference at boot-up. Even a vehicle near it with similar TPMS frequencies can effect the system.   

Nothing like really cold, started at the house like I have thousands of times. Really odd, no warning display and no recorded fault.

I have a 2012rt. After I installed the innovv front and rear cameras I get interference. 99% of the time it is the front wheel sensor. It shows dashes. When I hook up my 911 diagnostics it shows signal loss or something similar to that nomenclature. If the indication stays on dashed for a predetermined time then I get the yellow ⚠️  and a tpms symbol. As soon as the indication comes back the warning goes away. But there will be a fault waiting for me the next time I hook up the 911 diagnostics. So in my case interference will cause a problem. My cam setup uses wifi to send information to my phone. I limit the wifi to 5 minutes after start up and my problem is about solved with an occasional loss of indication. My batteries are good according to my 911 and hand held tpms tester. So radio interference is a possibility as well as weak batteries or a failing sensor. I've worked with (innovv) tech support to work on my problem but that's for another day and time. 

16 minutes ago, 6speedTi said:

I have a 2012rt. After I installed the innovv front and rear cameras I get interference. 99% of the time it is the front wheel sensor. It shows dashes. When I hook up my 911 diagnostics it shows signal loss or something similar to that nomenclature. If the indication stays on dashed for a predetermined time then I get the yellow ⚠️  and a tpms symbol. As soon as the indication comes back the warning goes away. But there will be a fault waiting for me the next time I hook up the 911 diagnostics. So in my case interference will cause a problem. My cam setup uses wifi to send information to my phone. I limit the wifi to 5 minutes after start up and my problem is about solved with an occasional loss of indication. My batteries are good according to my 911 and hand held tpms tester. So radio interference is a possibility as well as weak batteries or a failing sensor. I've worked with (innovv) tech support to work on my problem but that's for another day and time. 

I've had all that in the past. This time was different.