IGNORED

Rear fog lamp

Csabo

Hello! I have a 2005 RT with 2008 electronics. I would like to install a rear fog light on it (it has a factory one) Can someone help with the wiring diagram? I would like to know which pin in the ZFE it should be connected to.

1 hour ago, Csabo said:

Van egy 2005-ös RT-m 2008-as elektronikával. Szeretnék rá szerelni egy hátsó ködlámpát (gyári van hozzá)

Tudna valaki segíteni a kapcsolási rajzban? Érdeklődnék, hogy a ZFE-ben melyik tűhöz kell csatlakoztatni.

I have a 2005 RT with 2008 electronics. I would like to install a rear fog light on it (it comes with a factory) Can someone help with the wiring diagram? I would be interested to know which needle in ZFE to connect to.

Edit: I don't speak Hungarian, but google translate does.....:java:

EDITED, to delete the translation because 9Mary7 beat me to it by a second or two.

Most of us are in the U.S. and a rear fog light is not available here.  Most items connected to the ZFE also require some programming to work, so you may need to ask your dealer for assistance.

A legtöbben az Egyesült Államokban élünk, és itt nem kapható hátsó ködlámpa. A legtöbb, a ZFE-hez csatlakoztatott elem működéséhez némi programozás is szükséges, ezért előfordulhat, hogy a kereskedőtől kell segítséget kérnie.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Csabo said:

Helló!

Van egy 2005-ös RT-m 2008-as elektronikával. Szeretnék rá szerelni egy hátsó ködlámpát (gyári van hozzá)

Tudna valaki segíteni a kapcsolási rajzban? Érdeklődnék, hogy a ZFE-ben melyik tűhöz kell csatlakoztatni.

Morning Csabo

This is a darn good question.

The rear fog light is pretty standard on European motorcycles but even my European BMW wire diagram doesn't show the rear fog light wiring in any detail. 

There is a rear fog light kit available here in the US that comes with about a 1 meter+ long pigtail to wire it in but I have nothing showing what it connects to or what controls it. (it's possible the wiring directions come in the fog light kit).   I don't see a CD/DVD included with the rear fog light kit so probably no programming in needed but that still doesn't tell us anything about how to connect it or what controls it.  

Is your motorcycle a European sold version? Or a version from another country? If a European version then it probably has some sort of wiring harness already in it.

Does your motorcycle have a rear fog light control switch?  If not then you will need to add something there also. 

I will do some research on that fog light connection when I get a chance but I don't have a lot of hope finding much in the US here. 

• Like 1

More_____

OK, with a lot of looking I did find something in my many odd-ball BMW wire diagrams___

Not exactly for your vehicle but it is something to start with anyhow. 

I had to look under Spanish SV (special vehicle)  to find anything at all. (so do keep this in mind)

It shows the fog light control switch connection to pin 41 on the ZFE and the fog light (12v out) hooking to pin 57 on the ZFE. 

It looks like the fog light control switch pulls ZFE pin 41 to low (ground) for fog light turn-on.

There is also an additional  wire circuit that ties pin 57 back to pin #3 on the control switch to illuminate the fog light (ON) LED  in the switch.

This is JUST telling you what I found,  so keep in mind that how/if this applies to your vehicle is not certain.  

I am also not sure how this information will translate into your language so keep that in mind.  

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the information everyone, and I apologize for the Hungarian language! I'll try to pay attention to that next time!

43 minutes ago, Csabo said:

Thank you very much for the information everyone, and I apologize for the Hungarian language! I'll try to pay attention to that next time!

Afternoon Csabo

I drew up a little schematic of the Spanish fog light circuit for you.  Just keep in mind this is the Spanish SV circuitry so I'm not even sure if it is the same for your 1200RT or if your ZFE has the proper programing to utilize it.

7Jhd9qf.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you very much!

I checked, it should be connected to the J1 connector of the ZFE, but pin 57 is occupied there. The connection that is half true for the RT also has to be connected in the same way for the RT Police version. By the way, the Spanish is also the EU version, there are not many differences between them in terms of electricity.  🙂

1 hour ago, Csabo said:

Thank you very much!

I checked, it should be connected to the J1 connector of the ZFE, but pin 57 is occupied there. The connection that is half true for the RT also has to be connected in the same way for the RT Police version. By the way, the Spanish is also the EU version, there are not many differences between them in terms of electricity.  🙂

Afternoon Csabo

Is the present wire in the #57 pin a red/blue wire? I just looked up a standard European 1200RT and it shows a red/blue wire on the # 57 pin. It also shows that red/blue wire going to the  X9350 connector (it's called the STVD optional extra connector). I also shows nothing hooked to that connector in my wire diagram. 

I just wonder if that X9350 connector is used for the rear fog light connection? 

Caution: don't take this as gospel as it is needs to be checked out before actually using that X9350 connector for a fog light connection. 

On the Spanish 1200RT SV I show the ZFE #57 wire as  white/green wire going to the X9948 connector (the fog light is shown hooked to the X9948 connector. 

Just a hint: I usually use a small 12 volt LED to test unknown circuits on the BMW motorcycle computerized circuits as those have such low load that they don't cause harm to the circuit being tested if it isn't what I think it is. 

4 hours ago, Csabo said:

I checked, unfortunately mine has the red/blue wire. My engine is fully equipped from the factory, it is used for the radio.

Morning Csabo

I looked at some of my other 1200RT wiring info last night and I found a German wiring diagram that shows the rear fog light circuit using a white/green wire on pin #57 for fog light 12v. Only difference is the switch LED light is wired slightly different but still used the ZFE pin #41 for circuit control.   

You could probably use a fused 12v B+, an ignition-on 12v circuit,  and a stand alone relay in place of the ZFE in conjunction with a stock BMW fog light switch to wire the fog light to work without going through the ZFE.