IGNORED

New Utah Regulation

I don’t know if this has been posted b4. I haven’t checked the validity either. Know b4 you go. 

B4686CA9-1069-459B-BBB0-3814959B6271.jpeg

It's real.  Been reading about it for a while.  Their website is super slow today which is making it hard to be sure of anything.  I think it's mainly for unplated ohvs.  I tried to do it, but their website is not up to the task today.  In any event, it's free, quick and once in a lifetime.  Living 24 miles from UT, I'll probably try again later.  Could take the KTM to Torrey at some point...  although I think it's mainly about designated off road areas and trails.  Not dirt roads.

• Like 1

As far as being mainly for unplated ohvs, it says all street legal off-highway vehicles. Assuming that means plated or not.

Says the course is 15-30 minutes, free on-line, so not a terrible burden.

It's probably not a bad idea, saves a lot of grief, unnecessary destruction, and law breaking later.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

As far as being mainly for unplated ohvs, it says all street legal off-highway vehicles. Assuming that means plated or not.

Says the course is 15-30 minutes, free on-line, so not a terrible burden.

It's probably not a bad idea, saves a lot of grief, unnecessary destruction, and law breaking later.

It says ATV, UTV, OHV, and OHM. Plus ALL street legal off highway vehicles. Looks to be an easy fix once the initial rush ends. 

Yeah, but in the FAQ:

I have a street-legal motorcycle. Do I need a Utah non-resident OHV permit?

If your street-legal motorcycle is registered and plated in your home state, then you do not need to purchase a Utah non-resident OHV permit. If a machine is plated and follows all of Utah’s street-legal requirements, then it is no longer considered an off-highway vehicle and is technically considered a “passenger vehicle” or in this case, a street-legal motorcycle.

The part I am focusing that it isn't defined as an OHV.  I agree, elsewhere it seems to say otherwise, but when I put it all together, I think, but am not sure, that the other text is referring to ohv's that have been upgraded to plated vehicles.  Then, that all refers to vehicle permits, the class is for the rider....  so really IDK.  Need to call them... except I am planning to do it anyway, presuming their website is up to it.