IGNORED

BMW replacement electrical connectors - 2010-13 R1200RT and most probably all other models

pwillikers

After much searching I finally found a cheap source for replacement BMW electrical connectors.  The ones shown are for heated seats, front (2 pin) and rear (4 pin) respectively.   These same connectors are used throughout the bike.  You obviously will have to assemble them yourself.  If you are attempting to replace an arbitrary connector, pay special attention to the shape of the plastic "key" molded into your connector, there are subtle differences. 

Aliexpress listing title: "2 Sets 2 Pin male or female Outdoor Temperature Connector Socket Auto Oxygen Sensor Plug 1-967570-3 1-967644-1 8E0973202", Aliexpress link

Aliexpress listing title: "2 sets 4 Pin 1-967640-1 8E0 971 934 968399-1 LPG Converter Automotive Harness Connector Auto Socket rear-view camera plug", Aliexpress link

2pCapture.JPG

4pCapture.JPG

• pwillikers changed the title to BMW replacement electrical connectors - 2010-13 R1200RT and most probably all other models
  • 3 months later...

I recently attempted to assemble a similar connector for my Yamaha Tracer but was unsuccesful. I mangled the job of crimping the wires into the metal terminals. Is there a special tool used for this or technique?