IGNORED

So I told my wife it wouldn't cost much to go to the UN.

Bud

I only needed:

New Jacket

New Pants

New Battery

Dry Bag

Stuff Sacks

and of course ----

1149262851.jpg

New tires!

I'm sure I will enjoy the new jacket in the Colorado mountains but yesterday was a real bear with all the humidity. "Breathable" is a relative term!

Anyone else having to buy a "few" things for the trip?

Yeah, 4 friggin' airline tickets for the whole famn damily and hotel for a week in Denver, a side trip down to Durango "to check out that area wink.gif" all in HOPES of being able to hook up with you folks for one dinner. AND I DON'T EVEN GET TO RIDE!!! bncry.gif RENT-A-CAR!!

But, you're worth it. clap.gif

Yeah, 4 friggin' airline tickets for the whole famn damily and hotel for a week in Denver, a side trip down to Durango "to check out that area wink.gif" all in HOPES of being able to hook up with you folks for one dinner. AND I DON'T EVEN GET TO RIDE!!! bncry.gif RENT-A-CAR!!
Now that's dedication!

When I first read the title of your post I thought it said "I sold my wife because it cost too much to go to the Un" blush.giftongue.gif. Freudian slip of the mind, I guess.

My wife is happy to see me go away! thumbsup.gif

So, to answer your question, I bought all that stuff last year before my Canadian Rockies "on the cheap" ride! Ha! This year it's just tires and general maintenance, thank goodness!

Doug

When I first read the title of your post I thought it said "I sold my wife because it cost too much to go to the Un" . Freudian slip of the mind, I guess.

Now there's an idea! smile.gif

When I first read the title of your post I thought it said "I sold my wife because it cost too much to go to the Un" . Freudian slip of the mind, I guess.

Now there's an idea! smile.gif

I'm afraid they don't bring much on the open market, it's actually a net loss. Don't ask how I know..... tongue.gifcrazy.giftongue.gifdopeslap.gif

I'm waiting to see Whip's reply. He might have the trump card.

This is the first time I've ever been called out....

I hope I don't disappoint...

First bike trip more than overnight......we went to the local motorcycle shop....Alamo Cycleplex...nice guys...parts and accessories manager is named Paul....Started out lookin at jackets for cold weather and warm weather......2 jackets $800......then our helmets didn't really match...$900 more...gloves 4 pair(hot and cold weather)...Chatter box w/ all the bells whistles....Books on tape (5)......riding boots.....thermal undies.....hot chiles...widder vests...XM radio...Garmin c330 gps......I almost forgot raingear for two people..Two pair of riding pants..thermal socks....digital camera......oh, I also bought a smaller gun to hide when riding....none of this count the prep work for the bike tires and extra luggage racks...new heated seat.......I think it was about $5000....I could have hired a private jet ....

Not to mention the dog sitter...

Is this what you meant Joel???

If instead you meant that I'm gonna buy a new bike because my RT will not be ready....Then wait until you see my Ride Tale next week from...Lambeau Field.....I'm gonna go see Raaaaaan and show him my new FJR.....and then meet AMAC at a Hooters in Iowa....

Whip

I'm waiting to see Whip's reply. He might have the trump card.

This is the first time I've ever been called out....

I hope I don't disappoint...

Sorry, man. I didn't mean to set you up. wink.gif

First bike trip more than overnight......we went to the local motorcycle shop....Alamo Cycleplex...nice guys...parts and accessories manager is named Paul....Started out lookin at jackets for cold weather and warm weather......2 jackets $800......then our helmets didn't really match...$900 more...gloves 4 pair(hot and cold weather)...Chatter box w/ all the bells whistles....Books on tape (5)......riding boots.....thermal undies.....hot chiles...widder vests...XM radio...Garmin c330 gps......I almost forgot raingear for two people..Two pair of riding pants..thermal socks....digital camera......oh, I also bought a smaller gun to hide when riding....none of this count the prep work for the bike tires and extra luggage racks...new heated seat.......I think it was about $5000....I could have hired a private jet ....

Not to mention the dog sitter...

Is this what you meant Joel???

Didn't know about that one, but that's damn good. What I was thinking was ...

If instead you meant that I'm gonna buy a new bike because my RT will not be ready....Then wait until you see my Ride Tale next week from...Lambeau Field.....I'm gonna go see Raaaaaan and show him my new FJR.....and then meet AMAC at a Hooters in Iowa....

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A WINNER!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

grin.gif

Can wait to see you guys. There'll be at least one beverage for you on Team Schnauzer's tab.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A WINNER!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

grin.gif

I never won anything before ....I'm so happy bncry.gifbncry.gif

Whip

I never won anything before ....I'm so happy bncry.gifbncry.gif

I thought the stop at Hooters was to pick up the Booby prize! dopeslap.gif

Across the street is the Wienerschnitzel, where the wiener's circle is... ooo.gif

G

. . . at a Hooters in Iowa

And then he will start to spend some money!!!! eek.gif

"...wHICH oNE...??"

Archived