IGNORED

F650GS Shock Adjuster

Kilrush R1150RT

Kilrush R1150RT

Hi there. I just bought a F650 GS (2004) and the rear shock adjuster appears to be difficult to turn. What am I doing wrong? (do I need to pull or push it or something - ie childproof protection :)? )

thanks

2 hours ago, Kilrush R1150RT said:

Hi there. I just bought a F650 GS (2004) and the rear shock adjuster appears to be difficult to turn. What am I doing wrong? (do I need to pull or push it or something - ie childproof protection :)? )

thanks

Morning Kilrush R1150RT

It should be pretty straight forward, (see info below)

It is possible the adjuster is out of (or low on) fluid so someone in the past might have forced the adjuster knob all the way tight in one direction or the other. 

Can you still see the position indication decal? If so that can give you an idea on which way it needs to be moved or adjusted.

Early 650 rear shock adjust.jpg

Kilrush R1150RT
8 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Morning Kilrush R1150RT

It should be pretty straight forward, (see info below)

It is possible the adjuster is out of (or low on) fluid so someone in the past might have forced the adjuster knob all the way tight in one direction or the other. 

Can you still see the position indication decal? If so that can give you an idea on which way it needs to be moved or adjusted.

Early 650 rear shock adjust.jpg

Thanks Dirtrider. I will have a look tomorrow. As always you have the solution. I think it is turned all the way in. So I need to turn clockwise I think. Can I get a copy of this manual somewhere?

Thanks mate

22 minutes ago, Kilrush R1150RT said:

Thanks Dirtrider. I will have a look tomorrow. As always you have the solution. I think it is turned all the way in. So I need to turn clockwise I think. Can I get a copy of this manual somewhere?

Thanks mate

Evening Kilrush R1150RT

Yes, BMW makes that available.  Look in your Messages on this site, I will send it to you. 

• Like 1