IGNORED

On a country estate ........

Steve1962

This morning's ride into work involved a deviation into unknown territory , as I accidentally strayed down a country lane which leads to a large estate .......... and yes , those are pheasant by the side of the road ....

cornbury001Large.jpg

The sun was out again ...............

cornbury003Large.jpg

cornbury006Large.jpg

There are a few outbuildings near the edge of the estate ...........

cornbury005Large.jpg

cornbury002LargeLarge.jpg

I decided to ride a short distance up this track ..............

cornbury009Large.jpg

cornbury023Large.jpg

.to take in the views ...............

cornbury010Large.jpg

.............. then I took the Panzer into unfamiliar territory ...............

cornbury013Large.jpg

cornbury014Large.jpg

cornbury015Large.jpg

cornbury016Large.jpg

cornbury017Large.jpg

cornbury022Large.jpg

cornbury018LargeLarge.jpg

cornbury021LargeLarge.jpg

The big house in the distance .............

cornbury019Large.jpg

an avenue of trees ..................

cornbury020Large.jpg

a closer look at some of them ..............

cornbury011LargeLarge.jpg

cornbury012LargeLarge.jpg

Time to move on ......so I turn around and ride and ride back to the main road , passing these lovely horses ................

cornbury024Large.jpg

....onto roads like this .................... beautiful sun rays beaming down through the woods ................ the last photo opportunity ........

cornbury025Large.jpg

Steve

Hi there I used to work in Oxford and commuted on my old R80RT, it must take you hours to get to work. The roads around Oxford are great fun. My folks still live near Burford and I take great joy taking my R1100RT up to see them from Bournemouth whenever I can just to ride there. Costs a fortune in petrol and tires cool.gif

Great photos by the way. Its also great to see other English members on the forum, maybe we should organise a get together

Ride Safe

Darren

Darren,

Some of us UK types do ride together ............. [ me , Boffin [ Andy ] .and George ] .and have posted recently .........

Give us a shout , a ride out sounds a good idea [ haven't been on one since the weekend grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif ]

Steve

Great pictures there Steve, we are out again on Sunday, where to, well we are not sure yet...

Its also great to see other English members on the forum, maybe we should organise a get together

Ride Safe

Darren

When? When? When?

Hi guys, are any of you going to Beaulieu, I am going on Sunday 25th, maybe we could meet up and ride in together, it is only a short hop for me from Bournemouth, but I could show you the long way round, a bit like Steve's route to work cool.gifcool.gif

Don't think I'll be going [ been several times in the past ] ..........

Plenty of good roads in your area though , and you should try the A32 north from Gosport to Alton [ you may already know it ?? ..... ] , a nice run .

Also a great little B road that goes across country from Petersfield to Chichester [ via Midhurst ] ..been a while since I 've been on those roads though .

Steve

BereIsland

Steve, your right about that road between Chichester and Petersfield, I discovered it accidentally earlier this year, wow what a road and much better then the A32. Lots of pictures of your bike, what does the wife say about it? grin.gif

Steve Carter

My wife calls my bike ....." that pile of tin " ........and although she has been on it , she is not keen , especially in having to wear ATGATT ..... she finds it claustrophobic , even though she accepts that it is necessary .

I ALWAYS ask her if she wants to come out on the bike , but she declines frown.giffrown.gif .

She is also always poking fun at me for having the camera welded to my hand , but likes to see the photos of the countryside [ makes a few comments about shots with the bike in them ] .

All in all I am quite lucky , as she does not complain about me using the bike , and I sometimes take one of the boys on the back , though recently they have become more interested in " other teenager type activities " .

I must get back down that way again soon .

Steve

BereIsland

My wife's feels the same about Bikes, we did ride together just the once down to Gosport, not too bad going, but on the way back in the dark was a different story, imagine riding with a cannon ball in your top box grin.gif you got it

Steve Carter

Archived