IGNORED

Skills! Fun to watch hard to do

Tony_K

There used to be a event called BattleTrax hosted by Buell about a decade ago.

I remember being at a vintage event and they had one in the parking lot.

Several turns and a short straight in a timed format. After watching a guy on his new Buell dump it in a turn I lost interest and went into the vintage show.

Never saw one again.

It's the kind of skill most never develope here in the states with the point and shoot mentality. Japan is very different. I haven't been there in many years but

the roads there are much more compact and this skill is valued there. Kinda why drifting in cars was born there. A quick right then left is about all you can do in many city locations.

• 3 weeks later...

Errrrrr. Notice the picture at the very bottom of the website - stuff like that pisses me off. Might as well just go to uponone.com. I saw video of the cops doing that same crap prior to the start of the 2005 Indy 500. Pure BS.

Errrrrr. Notice the picture at the very bottom of the website - stuff like that pisses me off. Might as well just go to uponone.com. I saw video of the cops doing that same crap prior to the start of the 2005 Indy 500. Pure BS.

Why do you believe that cops cannot display high levels of riding skills for competition or public entertainment? I just do not understand the criticism of such displays of skill.

Andy

C'mon folks...

Lets give credit where its due... These are both very fine displays of riding/ manuvering skills.

If more civilians riders had this level of competency at manuvering, perhaps there would be less bikes "accidentally" kissing the pavement.

practice, practice , practice.

cheers ya'll

Why do you believe that cops cannot display high levels of riding skills for competition or public entertainment? I just do not understand the criticism of such displays of skill.

I actually have nothing against demonstrations of riding skill. The synchronized manuevers are really good. I, however, have real problems w/wheelies & stoppies (not that I think that the morg has any of that). I have even bigger problems w/standing on the motorcycles. That is just plain stupid. So that picture at the bottom of their webpage is exactly that, a police officer standing on his harley w/the american flag waving in the background. Quite probably that instance was on a closed course; however, when ABC airs the Indiana State Police doing the same thing going down the highway passing the press bus standing on their motorcycles, I'm pretty much thinking that people should be getting fired. Most likely the police have LESS experience standing on their motorcycles than pretty much any of the stunt videos you see on uponone.com!

Basically that picture makes me think of an authority figure presenting the complete appearance of total irresponsibility. Everything else on the site was great, but would they use that for their "logo" picture? No....

I may not be communicating my sentiment well, but I hope that it's somehow leaking through!

Shawnee Bill

I actually have nothing against demonstrations of riding skill. The synchronized manuevers are really good. I, however, have real problems w/wheelies & stoppies (not that I think that the morg has any of that). I have even bigger problems w/standing on the motorcycles. That is just plain stupid. So that picture at the bottom of their webpage is exactly that, a police officer standing on his harley w/the american flag waving in the background. Quite probably that instance was on a closed course; however, when ABC airs the Indiana State Police doing the same thing going down the highway passing the press bus standing on their motorcycles, I'm pretty much thinking that people should be getting fired. Most likely the police have LESS experience standing on their motorcycles than pretty much any of the stunt videos you see on uponone.com!

Basically that picture makes me think of an authority figure presenting the complete appearance of total irresponsibility. Everything else on the site was great, but would they use that for their "logo" picture? No....

I may not be communicating my sentiment well, but I hope that it's somehow leaking through!

I'm missing something here, didn't see the Indy video, are you saying the ISP were riding their M/C standing up on top of them on an uncontrolled public road? I surely hope they were in some kind of controlled environment.

That being said I suspect the cops shown standing on their bikes have as much or MORE practice doing that than the local squids in those videos that seem to pop up everywhere.

I have NO problems with wheelies, stoppies or back flips being done by someone that has practiced up on that. My son came over last night to test ride my wife's little 125cc motor scooter, first thing he did was pop a wheelie clap.gif, In my yard, looked pretty safe to me.

My only problem with any of this is the WHEN and WHERE stunts get done sometimes.

I just had to go hug my VFR after watching the first video. A VFR on curvy mountain roads is a wonderful thing. So is my 1200RT. Is it Saturday morning yet... grin.gif

amazing in that there is no feathering the clutch, no draggind the rear brake; just put it in gear and go!

Gotta go practice. blush.gif

Steve

Archived