IGNORED

Centech AP-1 Fuse Panel & AP-170R Relay

Mike05

Anyone know where to buy these two items ( Centech AP-1 Fuse Panel & AP-170R Relay )? The Centech home page has the fuse box but no referrence to the relay. Likewise in other locations; would prefer to get them together from the same supplier.

While I'm asking, are these the only two "wiring" items I need in order to add some electrical accessories (ex: PIAA 1100's) to the R1200RT?

Mike05

I just installed a set of PIAA's on my rt today, but I did not add another fuse box. The PIAA's should have come with a fuse, and you wire it directly up to the battery. Then those comming off of the battery go to the light thru the relay that came with the lights. I found the 12 volts for the relay in my fuse box. The only thing that I added was and autoswitch as opposed to using the on/off switch supplied with the lights. It is not necessary, but I just thought it would be a little cleaner install.

http://autoswitch.com/

here is a description of the autoswitch I used, you would have to see which one is used on your bike, I have an 1150RT, the 1200 uses a different one. Everything you need should have been supplied with the lights, other than something to mount them to the bike with. Phil

Jim,

Thanks for the heads up; ordered the Centech fuse panel & relay from them this morning. Nice folks.

BTY, my wife & I are both originally from Rhode Island and plan to be on vacation in Pettasquamscutt down by Narragansett Bay in early August. I'll be sure to give you a call.

Thanks again,

Mike05

Archived