IGNORED

UnRally Chatter

chrisolson

1 hour ago, chrisolson said:

Location and Reservation Info

When you make a reservation, there will be a follow up email for you to confirm you reservation .... look for it. !

2 hours ago, Twisties said:

Will there be any planned group dinners, bling, other events or any Rally Fee?  Is there a host?  Oh wait, maybe it's an UnRally!

:18:

4 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Worked for me as well.  Did have to capitalize BMW

Yes I tried it both ways captitalized and non capitalized, I wonder if the issue is I am coming in Saturday and leaving Saturday. July 23 - July 30

I guess I will need to call them.  maybe I need to make two different reservations, 23/24 and 25-29

Booked my room.  Looking forward to my first UN in a very long time.  And if things go as planned, I may be retired at the beginning of July.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2
4 minutes ago, Limecreek said:

Booked my room.  Looking forward to my first UN in a very long time.  And if things go as planned, I may be retired at the beginning of July.

Bronco yes ...  Bronco no ... or as yet still undecided ?  

28 minutes ago, chrisolson said:

Bronco yes ...  Bronco no ... or as yet still undecided ?  

Too soon to know, but I am leaning very much toward bringing the Bronco and pulling the bike(s). 

• Like 1

Purgatory??  Is that property owned by the same group that owns The Hotel California??  

"..You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK I contacted the Purgatory resort and if you want to stay an extra day i.e. Sunday July 30 the discount code does not work so you must reserve your trip like I did I change my date to July 22 through July 29 and the discount code worked and then I made a separate individual reservation for the night of the 29th checking out on the 30th

so that’s what is needed if you want to stay past Saturday for your checkout day.  i.e. the discount ends Friday night 28th, if you want to stay Saturday night the 29th they will not extend the discount.

also just wanted to say, make sure (as noted by the OP) complete your reservation by following the email link and doing the e-signature.
As noted, I corrected my dates to 7/22 - 7/29 and the discount worked.  Also, when I went back in to "manage my reservation" the updated dates and amounts were changed.  The on-line "manage your reservation" feature is sweet.

just an FYI 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

With the resort being so spread out, will there be a central gathering place? I'd like to get a better feel for this before booking a room.

my understanding is that Purgatory Lodge, Purgatory Village, Kendall, Eolus are basically the same parking lot with each "Lodge" on one side.

Cascade Village is about 2 miles north I figure if everyone is in Village Center, Purgatory Lodge, Kendall, or Eolus then we are all probably within shouting distance 
durango-mountain-resort-map.png.4400eb9e2efa7d5f659eb3f57fd9ca1a.png

I want to go visit Arches National Park.  No way I can ride there spend time there and ride back in one day.  So that will be an overnight trip.  Not wanting details, but will the group dinner be on Wednesday or Tuesday?

I just want to make sure I do not schedule my overnight trip/motel reservation on the evening of the group dinner.

thanks

Dennis Andress
On 12/19/2022 at 9:00 AM, randy said:

I want to go visit Arches National Park.  No way I can ride there spend time there and ride back in one day.  So that will be an overnight trip.  Not wanting details, but will the group dinner be on Wednesday or Tuesday?

I just want to make sure I do not schedule my overnight trip/motel reservation on the evening of the group dinner.

thanks

Maybe mount a Go-Pro to the front of your bike so you have video of all the things you didn't stop to see? I'm not trying to be obstinate, but living in Utah for the last couple of years, talking with tourists about all the cool stuff to see around Zion, only to have them say "Tomorrow we are going to Bryce" was pretty sad. If you are going to make the effort then set aside a few days before or after the UN to go see Arches, and bring hiking boots.

ADSC_0848-X2.jpg

• Plus 1 1
On 12/19/2022 at 9:00 AM, randy said:

Twisties said: 

Will there be any planned group dinners, bling, other events or any Rally Fee?  Is there a host?  Oh wait, maybe it's an UnRally!

Chris Olson Replied:

:18:

Can't get the quotes to work out right, but in any event, my conclusion @randy is that Chris is saying no planned group dinners, bling, other events, or rally fee.  Granted, I'm not certain that's what Chris means, but it's what I think he means.

There WILL be a group dinner the day has not been nailed down but most likely Wednesday evening. 

We have our own party room called Hoodies with indoor/outdoor seating that is ours Monday through Thursday. It will have a private bar set up every evening. There are places within the complex to get food and eat in the establishments or carry it over to Hoodies. 

There are places to eat a short ride away or we can call in orders in the evening and I would be happy to get ‘em for us.

All these details will be made available.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Whip said:

There WILL be a group dinner the day has not been nailed down but most likely Wednesday evening. 

We have our own party room called Hoodies with indoor/outdoor seating that is ours Monday through Thursday. It will have a private bar set up every evening. There are places within the complex to get food and eat in the establishments or carry it over to Hoodies. 

There are places to eat a short ride away or we can call in orders in the evening and I would be happy to get ‘em for us.

All these details will be made available.

Thank you, like I noted I was not trying to push the envelope but wanted to plan my Arches National Park trip.  Thanks, I will take the gamble on Wednesday and will be there :-)

16 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Maybe mount a Go-Pro to the front of your bike so you have video of all the things you didn't stop to see? I'm not trying to be obstinate, but living in Utah for the last couple of years, talking with tourists about all the cool stuff to see around Zion, only to have them say "Tomorrow we are going to Bryce" was pretty sad. If you are going to make the effort then set aside a few days before or after the UN to go see Arches, and bring hiking boots.

ADSC_0848-X2.jpg

I actually have a go pro mount on the front of my bike, a rear bike mount and a Helmet mount. plus TWO Go Pro's.  with extra batteries.  I think I am set. 

Arches has gone to a reservation system (many have and most will over the next 5 years)
"Reservations will be released three months in advance in monthly blocks, so July reservations will be released around April 1, 2023

so the issue is, I have to know the day I will arrive, the approximate time, and how long I will stay.  Then hope I get on the reservation site early enough to get my desired date/time.  Plus I may have other riders wanting to join me, so I have to coordinate with them. 

Hence the up front question.

Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, randy said:

Hence the up front question.

Glacier had a reservation system when I was up there in September. Just get reservations for the whole week and don't worry about what you don't use.

2 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Glacier had a reservation system when I was up there in September. Just get reservations for the whole week and don't worry about what you don't use.

this will be my first time using the reservation system, and I did not realize I could that.  thank you for that information
I will not be able to check it out until Jan 10, 2023.  That is the first day for the reservation system to be open for the Month of April
Then Feb 10 for May
March 10 for June
April 10 will open for July reservations (if I understand the Arches Web site)

• Like 1
  • chrisolson featured this topic
10 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

I was up there in September

that's my old stopmin' grounds, Dennis.....I was born & raised in NW MT (way NW!)

Yeeha Stephen
On 12/18/2022 at 8:37 AM, beemerboy said:

With the resort being so spread out, will there be a central gathering place? I'd like to get a better feel for this before booking a room.

Stephen is "In" at the Village Center. (yellow splotch toward the top of the map)

Tried to get a room with somewhat of a view. Some of the photos on the revervation page look like they view another condo!

durango-mountain-resort-map.png.4400eb9e2efa7d5f659eb3f57fd9ca1a.png

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 9:11 AM, roadscholar said:

Benchmark Atlas, only way to travel in the west. :thumbsup:

Bill,  are you going to join us?

6 hours ago, ** Chris ** said:

Bill,  are you going to join us?

Not sure buddy, lot of stuff goin on, have to wait and see but would sure like to. 

Did somebody say big bikes : )

198.jpg

• Like 1
18 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Not sure buddy, lot of stuff goin on, have to wait and see but would sure like to. 

198.jpg

Who is the guy giving the victory sign?  Or is it bunny ears?  Maybe ordering two extra large café double mocha cappuccinos?  Did you take this at the drive through of Starbucks?

18 hours ago, roadscholar said:

198.jpg

One of the most fun days I have had on a big bike!  Even though Whip ran off and left us!

20 hours ago, lawnchairboy said:

You are going to have a dirty GS to take to the starbucks when I am done with you

Are we going to have a bike washing station with hose, soap and rags like we did at the Salida UN?  

It was very handy.  Lightened my bike by about 15 lbs.  And that's not including my Skid Plate that fell off.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, lawnchairboy said:

I will run a bike wash station.  I will be in my flip flops and a speedo.  tips will be accepted. 

Can't wait to drop a handfull of ice cold change in your speedo waistband.

• Haha 1