IGNORED

Centerstand Question

Fireman1000

Does anyone here know if the center stand from a 1250 GSA will fit a standard 1250 GS? I recently bought a 2022 1250 GS Rallye, and it has no center stand. I have someone that is selling their center stand off a GSA, but not sure if they are interchangeable.

The standard GS and GSA center stands have different part numbers. The GSA has more suspension travel when compared to the standard GS. Not familiar with the Rally version but I have a 2019 R1250GS HP which comes with the GSA suspension.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Normally, the Rallye comes with the standard GS suspension and center-stand.   However, the Rallye model can be ordered with an optional taller suspension ($300 option...I think it's called the "Performance" suspension option or some such..  It is the same as the GSA's standard suspension.  Both the tall version Rallye and the GSA use the same center stand and have the same ride heights.   Normal GS and GSA are different for both ride height and center stand...and, I think side-stand.  

• 2 weeks later...
Lone_RT_rider
On 12/17/2022 at 9:21 PM, MikeB60 said:

The standard GS and GSA center stands have different part numbers. The GSA has more suspension travel when compared to the standard GS. Not familiar with the Rally version but I have a 2019 R1250GS HP which comes with the GSA suspension.

I presume this means that the GS centerstand is shorter than the GSA.  I wonder how much shorter. :) 

1 hour ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

I presume this means that the GS centerstand is shorter than the GSA.  I wonder how much shorter. :) 

Not sure but I think the suspension difference is 1.5 inches. I guess a measuring contest is in order!

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider
2 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

Not sure but I think the suspension difference is 1.5 inches. I guess a measuring contest is in order!

I think that might be a great idea.  I have a hell of a time putting the GSA on the centerstand.  A shorter centerstand like the GS on a GSA would shorten the fulcrum and make it easier to do.  

I think that might be a great idea.  I have a hell of a time putting the GSA on the centerstand.  A shorter centerstand like the GS on a GSA would shorten the fulcrum and make it easier to do.  

I have the same issue with the centerstand.

Lone_RT_rider

I measured my 2019 GSA and Chris Kinney measured his GS Ralley.  Oth measured 14 inches from the center of the pivot bolt to the end of the foot. The GS and GSA have two different PN’s between stands.

GS  = 46 52 8 526 523

GSA = 46 52 8 526 524

can someone possibly measure a GS LC for us? See pics for a reference of what we are looking for. 

20230705_163540.jpg

20230705_163551.jpg

Lone_RT_rider
15 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Can someone possibly measure a GS LC for us? See pics for a reference of what we are looking for. 

20230705_163540.jpg

20230705_163551.jpg

Does someone out there have a standard GS they can measure for us so we can compare the length? 

Does someone out there have a standard GS they can measure for us so we can compare the length? 

Morning  Lone_RT_rider

It could be something other than length, it could be a slightly different design due to a clearance issue to something like a skid plate or??  

Or could even be a tubing wall thickness difference due to loaded vehicle weight differences.   

• Like 2
Lone_RT_rider

Dirt rider, it could be all of those things but there is a 1.5" taller suspension on the GSA (and Rally with the optional high performance suspension).  Something tells me they might have made a longer center stand for the taller suspension in the same way that a shorter center stand is made for the low suspension option.  This is just a hunch at best, but I need someone to measure it as a reference point.  

Shawn

20 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Dirt rider, it could be all of those things but there is a 1.5" taller suspension on the GSA (and Rally with the optional high performance suspension).  Something tells me they might have made a longer center stand for the taller suspension in the same way that a shorter center stand is made for the low suspension option.  This is just a hunch at best, but I need someone to measure it as a reference point.  

Shawn

Afternoon Shawn

That does make sense as the regular GS with the sport suspension seems to use the same  46528526524  as the GS-A.

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2023 at 3:21 PM, Lone_RT_rider said:

I measured my 2019 GSA and Chris Kinney measured his GS Ralley.  Oth measured 14 inches from the center of the pivot bolt to the end of the foot. The GS and GSA have two different PN’s between stands.

GS  = 46 52 8 526 523

GSA = 46 52 8 526 524

can someone possibly measure a GS LC for us? See pics for a reference of what we are looking for. 

20230705_163540.jpg

20230705_163551.jpg

I went out and checked my LOW SUSPENSION GSA.    The lighting in the garage is horrid for this activity.  However, using the same measuring technique, I got 12 ½" from the end to the middle of the pivot.    My bike is no picnic to get up on the center stand, but if your suspension had my stand?  ...EZ!

IMG_1323.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...