IGNORED

Mosko Moto Reckless 80L Revolver Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

Mosko Moto Reckless 80L Revolver Review intro

Lightweight, versatile, durable: these are all desirable traits in soft panniers, and the Mosko Moto Reckless 80L Revolver almost nails this formula. As someone who prefers to camp, avoids pavement at all costs, and who drops my bike at least once a day, these are all extremely important attributes. The Reckless has many desirable traits for my style of adventure riding, but there are some small things to keep in mind.

First, what’s new? This latest version offers an additional pivot point during setup to allow the bags to sit comfortably on an enduro bike, the biggest adventure bikes, and everything in between, making it a fantastic choice for those of us fortunate enough to have more than one motorcycle in the barn.

True, there are other companies that offer rackless soft luggage, but the Reckless 80 offers impressive capacity and a modular system allowing for customization for everything from a weekend trip to an intercontinental trek. As an additional bonus, the MOLLE webbing opens endless possibilities when attaching pouches. Sure, you could purchase the Aux Pox from Mosko, but you could also attach literally any other MOLLE-compatible pouch allowing riders to create the perfect setup for their unique needs.

The narrow shape of the side-mounted dry bags can make for awkward packing, but these fit soft things like sleeping bags or clothes perfectly. You should take care when putting hard objects into these bags as they can damage the dry bag from the inside, but that goes for any such setup.

“Tough Gear, Hard Travel” may be the motto of Mosko, but this setup will need some additional help to live up to those standards. During rocky or bumpy trails, the straps can give a little, causing the entire luggage system to shift, requiring frequent readjustments. This shifting can also cause undue stress, leading to straps breaking mid-trail. That being said, Mosko is known for their customer service, and will happily replace straps under warranty in this scenario. To avoid shifting, excess bouncing, and broken straps I recommend additional straps to go over the top, further securing the entire setup.

When installing the Revolver, there’s a chance that the two lower straps may not quite line up with a good tie-down point, as was the case for my 690 Enduro. You can purchase additional hardware from Mosko or other companies to solve this easily enough. But I was a bit bummed that this fitment scenario (or lack thereof) was not listed in the product description or under the “Recommended Accessories” list. If I had that information, I would have simply purchased the tie-down accessory when purchasing the system itself to save on time and shipping.

No luggage system is perfect, but overall, the Reckless Revolver checks the most important boxes for me. The issues that I have encountered can all be solved easily enough, and do not deter me from recommending this setup to anyone wanting to avoid a luggage rack.

Mosko Moto Reckless 1

MoskoMoto.com

MSRP: $750—$890 (aux pox)

PROS:

• Lightweight
  • Easy install
  • Customizable storage

CONS:

• Additional hardware may be needed
  • Narrow bags can make for awkward packing
  • Harness can shift during rough rides; additional straps recommended

View the full article