IGNORED

2001 R1100S Fuel Pump

breadbiker

Hey guys,

Just joined up, so I'm sure you've covered this topic before! After discovering a dead fuel pump on my 2001 R1100S, I am having a tough time with the $440 the dealers want

for this thing! Trouble is, I don't want to stick a Chinese pump in there either. What have y'all found to be a good solution, and is there a way to find the VDO pump without going

through BMW? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks.  

48 minutes ago, breadbiker said:

Hey guys,

Just joined up, so I'm sure you've covered this topic before! After discovering a dead fuel pump on my 2001 R1100S, I am having a tough time with the $440 the dealers want

for this thing! Trouble is, I don't want to stick a Chinese pump in there either. What have y'all found to be a good solution, and is there a way to find the VDO pump without going

through BMW? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks.  

Afternoon breadbiker

I have installed a couple of Enduralast pumps that are still going strong. I believe they are (or were) made in Italy. 

Both EuroMotoelectrics sells them as well as BeemerBoneyard,  & they are even available on E-Bay. 

I haven't installed many aftermarket pumps so don't have a lot of background with the aftermarket pumps. 

• Like 1

I scored one from Amazon for about $70 bucks 30K miles ago. Still going strong.

QFS OEM In-Tank Fuel Pump Replacement for BMW K75, K75RT, K75S, R1100, R1150GS, R1150RS, R1150RT, R1200 Montauk, R1200C, R1200CL, R850R, K1100LT, K1100RS, K1200GT, K1, 1986-2009

Hey, Breadbiker, WELCOME to the forum!!

Both sources that Dirtrider mentions are good, reliable, and reasonable vendors with excellent service.

I've had an Enduralast fuel pump from Beemer Boneyard in my '99 R1100S since 2016.  No problems (with the pump!!).

If it hasn't been done on your S yet, get the hose kit while you're in there. https://www.beemerboneyard.com/16147680379edlk.html

The U shaped tube is a known problem, it splits in the tight bend, you lose all fuel pressure and NO GO til it's replaced properly with the Oetiker type SS hose clamps (the screw type don't always hold).  And get the fuel lines quick disconnect, you will always thank yourself, (brass).  https://www.beemerboneyard.com/cpcqkdiscon.html

Post some pics of the bike!!

• Like 1
On 11/26/2022 at 6:39 PM, Jim Moore said:

QFS OEM In-Tank Fuel Pump

This was my only option on a Ducati 907ie that I restored several years ago. Far as I know it's still going strong..... (he hasn't called me to complain):dontknow:

IMG_1659.JPG

Yes Scott, that is the great state of N. Idaho

• Like 2

Thanks for the help, everyone! I'm going to place an order with Euromoto Electrics today for the Enduralast pump. I'll let you know when I get the bike

fired up again. I'll also post some pics- right now it's in pieces! Valuable lesson here is: Don't let it sit for a few years with ethanol gas in it- what a mess!

Thanks again to all.