IGNORED

Vitamin D3

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

I'm not a doctor, but I stayed...yada, yada

Early on in the COVID experience, Dr. John Campbell interviewed an Israeli physician who claimed mega doses of D3 along with K2 had prevented thousands of COVID patients from requiring hospitalization.  With that, I started and am still on the D3, K2, Zinc regimen.  Ok, it's hard to prove a negative and SOTP results are unreliable, but...

image.png.283944d5fc51b71ec7e154bd543f4cea.png

YMMV, but Dr. Campbell asks an important question: "Why aren't health authorities promoting this inexpensive approach to COVID management?"  Follow the $.

• Plus 1 2

During my annual health screening in April of '21, my doctor advised that I add vitamin D to supplement my multivitamin.  He stated that it will help with bone density.   Hmmm.  It turns out that it helps with other issues, too.   :dontknow:

Am on the same regimen plus Vit C and Fish oil and have never caught the virus. Vit D level is above 70 at the last blood test. take an average of 7500 IU per day. Haven't and won't take the f_ing shot.

• Like 1

I started taking vitamin D3 daily years ago on a doctors recommendation and have varied the dosage between 2000 IU and 4000 IU a day. I have had far fewer colds and other illnesses since. No Covid either. I've had four doses of the vax for that now and have survived at least a couple known close contacts uninfected including my wife having it last summer and being around her for the few days prior to her first positive test.

John Ranalletta
13 minutes ago, Oldrider51 said:

Am on the same regimen plus Vit C and Fish oil and have never caught the virus. Vit D level is above 70 at the last blood test. take an average of 7500 IU per day. Haven't and won't take the f_ing shot.

Surprisingly, even taking megadose D3, my D levels are in the low/normal range (these ranges are created from thousands of blood samples, nationwide; so, "normal" <> acceptable or "best level").  I infer that D levels are very low across the population.

image.png.456941e8062248c7846bf8989053668c.png

Had mild COVID post-Unrally.  No more jabs for moi, thank you, until the human trials are complete.

Vikings would have died w/o fish oil due to lack of sunlight hours.

Make sure you are eating with D3.  It is not water soluble so it needs some oil to be transferred from you gut to your body.  Otherwise it just passes through.  MAny supplements are only oil soluble.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, TSConver said:

Make sure you are eating with D3.  It is not water soluble so it needs some oil to be transferred from you gut to your body.  Otherwise it just passes through.  MAny supplements are only oil soluble.

I take mine at breakfast along with flaxseed oil capsules, so I guess I'm good.

I was watching John Campbell early on and started taking 6000 IU of D3 a day two years ago (with zinc), plus all the multi-vitamins.  A month ago I went to the endo for the annual blood sample thyroid check.  My D3 level was 105.5 NG/ML.  He said to STOP the D3 for 1 month and resume at 3000 IU and get a second blood test in 6 weeks.  If I've had covid it was very, very mild, and NO shots for me, thank you very much.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:39 AM, John Ranalletta said:

"Why aren't health authorities promoting this inexpensive approach to COVID management?"

Maybe because the study just came out?  Does everything have to be a fault or conspiracy?  As the study authors state so explicitly:

Several studies have shown that Vitamin D deficiency is associated with increases the risk of infection with COVID-19. However, it is unknown if treatment with Vitamin D can reduce the associated risk of COVID-19 infection, which is the focus of this study.

That said, the current study is a retrospective and is among a select group, veterans with a history of Vitamin D level testing.  While these data are suggestive, a double blind prospective study is probably needed to prove the matter.  Nevertheless, a lot of folk in the US have low D, and benefit from a supplement.  I take 5000 units/day.  

My vitamin D3 story.  At the age of 70 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  My PSA at the time was about 7.0 having risen from 4.0 in about 6 months time.  My urologist told me my choices for treatment were surgery or external beam radiation and either option would be just as affective. I chose radiation and had 45 treatments with external beam radiation.  My vitamin D3 level was very low and most likely had been low for years.  Over time I had other general purpose blood tests annually but my vitamin D level just wasn't tested and I've wondered why not.  Even today I have to ask for it to be tested.  The urologist told me that there might be a link between low vitamin D levels and the onset of PCa and that he himself takes vitamin D3 daily.  Studies are being done in this area with results being mixed so far.  I take 5,000 units of D3 daily which has resulted in my D level being in the normal range.  Today my PSA is well within the acceptable range at 0.04 and hardly varies year over year.  As a side note I absolutely never am sick and haven't had a common cold in almost 10 years.  I wish I had known about the D vitamin years ago.  It is interesting that PCa is more common in northern latitudes.  Also, people with dark skin seem to be more susceptible to developing PCa than those with light skin color and this could be related to less natural (sun light) vitamin D absorption.  I know one thing, I never miss my daily dose of D3.