IGNORED

Come and ride the Wild Atlantic Way

Kilrush R1150RT

Kilrush R1150RT

Thanks to Dirtrider's birlliant technical help earlier this year getting my bike reliable, I was able to do about 4,500km without any issues while exploring the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland this Summer. You can see some of the places I visited at explorewaw.com. There are route maps you can download for free if you ever visit. It is the best road trip in Ireland. Almost nothing on the roads (in the middle of August!!!).

Enjoy 

lough fee.jpg

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Kilrush R1150RT said:

Oh, and I am now looking to buy a 2004 F650 GS Dakar as well. Any tips?

Evening Kilrush R1150RT

The 650 GS is a decent motorcycle with not a lot of big issues, obviously the chain & sprockets are wear items so those need to replaced as they wear out. (the chain & sprocket wear is related to miles traveled as well as maintenance, & conditions ridden in) 

A LOT of those old 650 BMW's needed (or do need) new steering head bearings as those seem to wear out early.

Some water pump leakage issues but not a lot & not a major concern. 

A few electrical issues but nothing major or repeatable, most are easily repairable, but some can leave you walking until you figure out what is causing the problem.  

Not much of a high speed hi-way cruiser but not bad on secondary roads, good on smaller back roads, & makes a good local commuter. 

• Like 1