IGNORED

Fuse Alternatives

Skywagon

I was trailering a race car behind a Mercedes diesel wagon late one night, almost home and all my lights went out except the headlights. Didn't know it then but the trailer pigtail had frayed and shorted against something. Pulled over and stuck a 25 or maybe 40 amp fuse where the I0 had been, by the time I got home the whole wiring harness was frazzled from the taillights to the dashboard, never tried that again : ) 

Back in the day, I'd always have bubble gum wrappers for when the fuse popped.  Wrap the fuse in that foil, replace, viola', connected with power.

5 hours ago, Hosstage said:

I guess it's better than using a .22 long!

Wouldn't matter,.....if the round heated up so much that it would ignite the powder, the projectile, since not in an enclosed chamber, wouldn't do much damage, still a slight danger, but a single .22 exploding doesn't produce much shrapnel.  The movies make it look like bullets on fire shoot all over the place, when in reality, nah, doesn't happen like that, the danger is more of a shrapnel from the casing issue.   But, they do pop-pop-pop when you throw them in a fire,.......we use to pop the projectiles off the .50 and throw them in the fire ('cause we're stoopid like that),.....and scare the crap outta people,.....we'd also throw D cell's in the fire to get them to pop and scare some unsuspecting individual.

11Bs are just as stoopid as 0311s. We would throw blanks in the fire to scare the guys with their backs to the fire. I always say that I ended up in safety to pay penitence for my past.  

• Smile 1
20 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

11Bs are just as stoopid as 0311s. We would throw blanks in the fire to scare the guys with their backs to the fire. I always say that I ended up in safety to pay penitence for my past.  

When the cease fire happened during the gulf war, we were actually allowed fires, a nice luxury.

Anyway, along with stripping projectiles from .50's and D cell batteries in the fire, right at the edge of the firelight ring, right where it goes dark, in varying distances, we'd dig a hole, about a foot in diameter, average nut deep and just wait.

Never put together that someone could break a leg, but it sure was funny when someone stepped in it.......and you heard the standard grunt call,......"fawk!!!"

24492130538_143560a9a1_b.jpg

Anyway, back on topic,.....for the modern fuses, paper clips do wonders between the connections

4 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

When the cease fire happened during the gulf war, we were actually allowed fires, a nice luxury.

Anyway, along with stripping projectiles from .50's and D cell batteries in the fire, right at the edge of the firelight ring, right where it goes dark, in varying distances, we'd dig a hole, about a foot in diameter, average nut deep and just wait.

Never put together that someone could break a leg, but it sure was funny when someone stepped in it.......and you heard the standard grunt call,......"fawk!!!"

God loves the Infantry!  Some how my platoon had a rule that if you decided to use the slit trench during the day the offender would be stoned while squatting.  Of course they neglected to tell the platoon sergeant.  I just about started shooting at the bastards the first time I unknowingly violated the rule.

Don't forget the foil wrapper from a piece of gum! I have used and recommend that.......just wrap it around the blown fuse and good to go.....

1 hour ago, realshelby said:

Don't forget the foil wrapper from a piece of gum! I have used and recommend that.......just wrap it around the blown fuse and good to go.....

Bruh, look up a couple post☝️☝️